Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2015 1:14:20 AM EDT
Does anybody use high-fidelity or touring earplugs? They claim to not attenuate the highs like regular earplugs. I play through tube amps up to 50 watts cranked up loud (without an attenuator) and I've always used regular foam earplugs when I play but the tone just isn't the same and I'm wondering if these high-fidelity earplugs are worth the money, or which ones perform as advertised and which ones to avoid as there are several brands out there.

Anybody use them? If so, which ones, and how well do they work?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the ETY Plugs by Etymotic for playing guitar and my son uses them while playing drums.  For $12 they are leaps and bounds better than regular foam plugs.  The EQ curve on them is much flatter than with foam plugs so the music sounds much more natural.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the ETY Plugs by Etymotic for playing guitar and my son uses them while playing drums.  For $12 they are leaps and bounds better than regular foam plugs.  The EQ curve on them is much flatter than with foam plugs so the music sounds much more natural.
View Quote

I'll check those out. $12 is cheaper than the Hearos ones I've seen at GC.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Somewhere around here I have a pair of Hearos. They suck. They shave off too many highs and just make everything sound muffled.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somewhere around here I have a pair of Hearos. They suck. They shave off too many highs and just make everything sound muffled.
View Quote

So basically they're no better than standard foam workplace ear plugs. Good to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top