Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 11:50:00 AM EDT
I don't get to play much and after selling my splawn I play even less. Thinking about getting a pod HD Pro and using a power amp and just playing that. Might
Be easier/cheaper than trying to find a tube amp I'll be happy with that I don't have to spend $1400 on
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Pod X3 Live floor board into a Samson poweramp for quite a while.  Makes noise like the rest.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I would get an interface and download Peavey Re-Valver 4. Every individual component in the amps are modeled, not just whole amps or sections of amps. And you can play around with the schematics of each amp, change the values of each component, and IIRC add or remove components.

I haven't gotten it yet, but I will be soon.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a Fender Mustang III or IV v2. $400 for the 150w IV and you get more sounds than you could ever possibly need.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The full version of Re-Valver 4 is only $99.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I have an Orange 412 and rack setup, just no good heads or pre-amps.

So I need some thing that will be functional with this setup.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using a POD 2.0 into the power amp in on a Hot Rod Deluxe forever. Sounds better than either by itself.
Lately I've been playing with the ADA again; probably going to use that with a 4-cable multi-f/x.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#7]
My setup is a Blackheart Handsome Devil 15w half stack with NOS tubes and an Adrenalinn box. Got all the tones and FXs I want.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been using a POD 2.0 into the power amp in on a Hot Rod Deluxe forever. Sounds better than either by itself.

Lately I've been playing with the ADA again; probably going to use that with a 4-cable multi-f/x.
View Quote
Try a Bogner Extasy Red into the front end of that HRD, it's nothing short of tonal bliss.

And OP, maybe something like a Laney IRT Studio would be what you're looking for. They're pretty versatile.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I have an Orange 412 and rack setup, just no good heads or pre-amps.

So I need some thing that will be functional with this setup.
View Quote

They make the Mustang as an amp head as well as a combo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top