Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2014 6:30:46 PM EDT
I miss performing. I'm a pretty introverted reserved guy in the day to day, but there was something about getting on stage with a group of friends and rocking out some heavy ass music that felt cathartic to me.

Catalyst is for all intents and purposes broken up, and today I get to go pick up a lot of gear. My spare bass, my 4x10 half cab, 8x10 ampeg cab, my solid state head, and my PA system from the practice space.

Heres the shitty music that I loved to play
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you mute the Cookie Monster and then post the music?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Long since mix and mastered, sorry bud
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I miss performing. I'm a pretty introverted reserved guy in the day to day, but there was something about getting on stage with a group of friends and rocking out some heavy ass music that felt cathartic to me.

Catalyst is for all intents and purposes broken up, and today I get to go pick up a lot of gear. My spare bass, my 4x10 half cab, 8x10 ampeg cab, my solid state head, and my PA system from the practice space.

Heres the shitty music that I loved to play
View Quote

View Quote

He beat me to it... LOL

I'm not introverted, but I do get burnt out on performing after awhile. August through Nov. 15 of this year has been the busiest I've ever been with music to the point I dreaded the last two or three jobs (but ironically they were incredibly successful and fun!). But it's funny that it doesn't take me nearly as long to get over being burnt out than it does to get burnt out. I've taken a few weekends off to lay around the house, shoot and deer hunt. By the first of the year I'll be pulling at the bridle ready to go at it again!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Beyond The Gilded Cage
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've always had a love/hate thing going with performing live. When I'm not doing it, I miss it. When I am, I just want to quit. I put in a lot of years of very steady gigging... so I've been through all of the BS that comes with playing-out many times. The ONLY time that I enjoy playing-out is the time on stage (well... usually the first couple of sets at most -- I'm always beyond ready to be done with it by the 4th set). I don't like set-up/tear-down. I don't like band politics. I don't like unprepared band members. I don't like stupid, drunk people. I don't like that hangover feeling after a couple of long, late nights.

But I DO like giving 100% for an appreciative audience (or even just one person). I've played to one drunk at the bar (who wasn't listening to the band anyways) and still gave it my all. I'm playing for me as much as anyone. If I have a good night, then I'm happy. Even if there weren't many people to witness it. OTOH... even if the placed is packed and people are loving it... if I have an off night, I'm still bothered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top