Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 10:10:38 AM EDT

Pink Floyd; The Endless River, their "new" album, set to be available November 10th, 2014

you can pre-order and learn more here:

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/theendlessriver/

Looking forward to hearing some "new" stuff

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice, didn't know about this. Sweet
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Moar info:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/09/pink-floyd-reveals-details-of-new-album-the-endless-river/

Pink Floyd has revealed details of its upcoming album, The Endless River, which marks the band’s first new release in 20 years.

According to a new interview in Uncut (via SteveHoffman.TV), the album has a release date of November 10th. David Gilmour and Nick Mason began the recording process in November 2013 and spent 30 days overdubbing guitars and recording drums. Roxy Music guitarist and producer Phil Manzanera was also heavily involved in the creative process.

Update: Pink Floyd’s website has revealed the album’s artwork (above) and tracklist (below). Spanning 18 tracks, the album will be available on standard CD, double vinyl, and as a deluxe box set that includes 39-minutes of extra material. Pre-orders are now ongoing.

Of particular note is the inclusion of original organ recordings from Pink Floyd’s Richard Wright, taken from rehearsals dating back to June 1969.

The duo also clarified some of the ongoing rumors, namely that the material draws heavily from Gilmour’s unreleased experimental album, The Big Spliff. According to Uncut, the album is not at all based on The Big Spliff and incorporates only a few seconds from the original project. It also does not contain any material “The Soundscape”, the instrumental track originally released on the band’s 1995 Pulse Cassette.

Rather, The Endless River contains four different pieces on each side of the record, which focus on the “more atmospheric and digressive aspects of Pink Floyd and includes snippets of conversation.” One song, “Louder Than Words”, contains lyrics embracing the full history of the band. Gilmour sings: “We bitch and we fight // But this thing that we do // It’s louder than words // The sum of our parts // The beat of our hearts/ It’s louder than words.”

The Endless River Tracklist:
01. Things Left Unsaid
02. It’s What We Do
03. Ebb And Flow
04. Sum
05. Skins
06. Unsung
07. Anisina
08. The Lost Art of Conversation
09. On Noodle Street
10. Night Light
11. Allons-y (1)
12. Autumn’68
13. Allons-y (2)
14. Talkin’ Hawkin’
15. Calling
16. Eyes To Pearls
17. Surfacing
18. Louder Than Words
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, iTunes blows... just sharing the latest info....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/endless-river-deluxe-edition/id919599477
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Great.

Wonder if when it is played on the radio I will be able to identify within 5 seconds as being annoying repetitive crap just like I can with every other annoying a Pink Floyd song?

In other words Pink Floyd sucks.    I feel like Peter Griffen discribing The Godfather, it insists upon itself.

But I dont think I have ever deliberately tolerated an entire Pink Floyd song in 30+ years.   Proud to say I dont know every one of their songs but when their shit starts playing on the radio and I get the perplexed look, as if I smell farts, i look to the radio ident encoding to see it is Pink Floyd.   Station gets turned quicker than when anything by Green Day comes on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great.

Wonder if when it is played on the radio I will be able to identify within 5 seconds as being annoying repetitive crap just like I can with every other annoying a Pink Floyd song?

In other words Pink Floyd sucks.    I feel like Peter Griffen discribing The Godfather, it insists upon itself.

But I dont think I have ever deliberately tolerated an entire Pink Floyd song in 30+ years.   Proud to say I dont know every one of their songs but when their shit starts playing on the radio and I get the perplexed look, as if I smell farts, i look to the radio ident encoding to see it is Pink Floyd.   Station gets turned quicker than when anything by Green Day comes on.
View Quote

so, why did you click on the link and waste your time with a reply?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:21:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great.

Curious to see if others agree.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads up Red_5, I'll be looking forward to this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great.

I doubt you will, there's plenty of Pink Floyd and David Gilmour fans here.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Looking forward to this, I love Pink Floyd!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.nme.com/news/pink-floyd/79979

Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour says new album is 'evocative and emotional'
The album is a tribute to multi-instrumentalist Rick Wright, who died in 2008.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Wow, I see there's a Blu Ray version of the Box set with 3 versions of 96khz/24bit audio (DTS 5.1, PCM 5.1 & Stereo).

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#14]
a little sample....

http://youtu.be/QQocDfdtBco
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]
The Endless River is it. no more..

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/pink-floyd-won-t-make-more-albums_4402601?track=mail_news

Pink Floyd's remaining members have confirmed 'The Endless River' will be their final album.

Pink Floyd have confirmed 'The Endless River' will be their final album.
The 'Wish You Were here' hitmakers' remaining members, Nick Mason and David Gilmour, admitted it is a ''shame'' their forthcoming record will be their last-ever release, but think it is the right note to end on.
David said: ''This is the last thing that'll be out from us.
''Well Rick [Wright]'s gone, dead. I'm pretty certain that there will not be a follow up to this. Polly, my wife, thought that would be a very good lyrical idea to go out on. It's a shame but this is the end.''
However, David admitted he may use some sessions he recorded with late keyboard player Richard - who died in 2008 - on his next solo album.
He added in an interview with BBC 6 Music: ''I have a little bit of Rick playing from my solo stuff that will hopefully appear on my next solo album, but not a Pink Floyd album.''
Former member Roger Waters recently issued a strongly-worded statement insisting he had no involvement in 'The Endless River', which will be released on November 10 and features music recorded by Richard.
The bassist, who quit the band in 1985, wrote on Facebook: ''Some people have been asking Laurie, my wife, about a new album I have coming out in November. Errhh? I don't have an album coming out, they are probably confused. David Gilmour and Nick Mason have an album coming out. It's called 'Endless River'. David and Nick constitute the group Pink Floyd.
''I on the other hand, am not part of Pink Floyd. I left Pink Floyd in 1985, that's 29 years ago. I had nothing to do with either of the Pink Floyd studio albums, 'Momentary Lapse Of Reason' and 'The Division Bell', nor the Pink Floyd tours of 1987 and 1994, and I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip.''
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Louder Than Words off the new album....

(audio)

https://vid.me/NCt
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

(audio)

View Quote

And.... It's gone.
Copyright take down.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And.... It's gone.
Copyright take down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(audio)

And.... It's gone.
Copyright take down.

seems like the music nazi's hit everywhere just as fast as we tried to share it.

and the link I shared was from a PF source... go figure.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#21]
newer insight release.. good to hear Nick saying more about it all..

http://youtu.be/-IqDAB5Hi5M
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/pink-floyd-won-t-make-more-albums_4402601?track=mail_news

Pink Floyd's remaining members have confirmed 'The Endless River' will be their final album.

The 'Wish You Were here' hitmakers' remaining members, Nick Mason and David Gilmour, admitted it is a ''shame'' their forthcoming record will be their last-ever release, but think it is the right note to end on.
''Well Rick [Wright]'s gone, dead. I'm pretty certain that there will not be a follow up to this. Polly, my wife, thought that would be a very good lyrical idea to go out on. It's a shame but this is the end.''
However, David admitted he may use some sessions he recorded with late keyboard player Richard - who died in 2008 - on his next solo album.
He added in an interview with BBC 6 Music: ''I have a little bit of Rick playing from my solo stuff that will hopefully appear on my next solo album, but not a Pink Floyd album.''
Former member Roger Waters recently issued a strongly-worded statement insisting he had no involvement in 'The Endless River', which will be released on November 10 and features music recorded by Richard.
The bassist, who quit the band in 1985, wrote on Facebook: ''Some people have been asking Laurie, my wife, about a new album I have coming out in November. Errhh? I don't have an album coming out, they are probably confused. David Gilmour and Nick Mason have an album coming out. It's called 'Endless River'. David and Nick constitute the group Pink Floyd.
''I on the other hand, am not part of Pink Floyd. I left Pink Floyd in 1985, that's 29 years ago. I had nothing to do with either of the Pink Floyd studio albums, 'Momentary Lapse Of Reason' and 'The Division Bell', nor the Pink Floyd tours of 1987 and 1994, and I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip.''

In other words... Roger Waters is still a sniveling little prick who hasn't been relevant musically since 1979 - so he's commenting on his former band's new project to get press. What a douche...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm looking forward to it.

Which one's pink?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#25]
in semi related news.. DG will be doing a solo project with tour next year...

http://bit.ly/1wFgyw5
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Most pre-ordered album of all time......

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/pink-floyd-have-most-pre-ordered-album-of-all-time_4441970?track=mail_news

Pink Floyd's new album is the most pre-ordered LP of all-time.
Nick Mason and David Gilmour reunited this year to make 'The Endless River' - which features multiple parts recorded by late keyboard player Rick Wright for their last record 'Division Bell' before he passed away in 2008 aged 65.
Today (03.11.14), Amazon Music announced the album - which comes out on November 10 and is the band's first in 20 years - has overtaken artists such as One Direction, Robbie Williams, Coldplay and David Bowie, to become the most pre-ordered record in the history of Amazon.co.uk.
Speaking about the incredible achievement, Steve Bernstein, Director of Amazon EU Digital Music, said: ''Pink Floyd now have the most pre-ordered album on Amazon.co.uk, which is an outstanding achievement for the band and also it proves that they remain one of the most popular groups to grace the UK music scene. After waiting 20 years, our customers have relished being able to listen to new work by Pink Floyd.''
Other artists to make the top 10 pre-order chart include Susan Boyle, Take That and the late Amy Winehouse.
Amazon.co.uk's top 10 pre-ordered artist albums of all time:
1. Pink Floyd'The Endless River'
2. One Direction 'Midnight Memories'
3. Robbie Williams 'Swings Both Ways'
4. Take That 'Progress'
5. Susan Boyle'I Dreamed a Dream'
6. Coldplay'Ghost Stories'
7. David Bowie'The Next Day'
8. Coldplay 'X&Y'
9. Take That'The Circus'
10. Amy Winehouse'Lioness: Hidden Treasure'
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most pre-ordered album of all time......

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/pink-floyd-have-most-pre-ordered-album-of-all-time_4441970?track=mail_news

Pink Floyd's new album is the most pre-ordered LP of all-time.

Nick Mason and David Gilmour reunited this year to make 'The Endless River' - which features multiple parts recorded by late keyboard player Rick Wright for their last record 'Division Bell' before he passed away in 2008 aged 65.

Today (03.11.14), Amazon Music announced the album - which comes out on November 10 and is the band's first in 20 years - has overtaken artists such as One Direction, Robbie Williams, Coldplay and David Bowie, to become the most pre-ordered record in the history of Amazon.co.uk.

Speaking about the incredible achievement, Steve Bernstein, Director of Amazon EU Digital Music, said: ''Pink Floyd now have the most pre-ordered album on Amazon.co.uk, which is an outstanding achievement for the band and also it proves that they remain one of the most popular groups to grace the UK music scene. After waiting 20 years, our customers have relished being able to listen to new work by Pink Floyd.''

Other artists to make the top 10 pre-order chart include Susan Boyle, Take That and the late Amy Winehouse.

Amazon.co.uk's top 10 pre-ordered artist albums of all time:

1. Pink Floyd'The Endless River'

2. One Direction 'Midnight Memories'

3. Robbie Williams 'Swings Both Ways'

4. Take That 'Progress'

5. Susan Boyle'I Dreamed a Dream'

6. Coldplay'Ghost Stories'

7. David Bowie'The Next Day'

8. Coldplay 'X&Y'

9. Take That'The Circus'

10. Amy Winehouse'Lioness: Hidden Treasure'

Awesome.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:41:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Been listening to it streaming (legally mind you) via Spotify since midnight.

So far I am digging it. Going to need several more listen throughs. Luckily, I have the next two days off work.
Currently I think it takes off and connects with me starting at Side 2, Part 1: Sum.

As a whole, it's no Dark Side of the Moon... And it really doesn't have a single song I could pick out as 'the radio single hit'... But it works damn well as a complete Albumn for me.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Been listening to it streaming (legally mind you) via Spotify since midnight.

So far I am digging it. Going to need several more listen throughs. Luckily, I have the next two days off work.
Currently I think it takes off and connects with me starting at Side 2, Part 1: Sum.

As a whole, it's no Dark Side of the Moon... And it really doesn't have a single song I could pick out as 'the radio single hit'... But it works damn well as a complete Albumn for me.
View Quote

damn you!

I got word that my pre-order of the deluxe edition was shipped.

so just waiting.. and then I hope I have my truck back from the shop to go get it from the post office
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#32]
others here on arfcom are discussing the album here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1683918_Pink_Floyd___The_Endless_River.html
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great.

Green day , u must be a teenie bopper , some day you'll grow into real music , wow what a jerk......

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In other words... Roger Waters is still a sniveling little prick who hasn't been relevant musically since 1979 - so he's commenting on his former band's new project to get press. What a douche...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Total douche. I didn't even start liking Pink Floyd until long after Roger was gone. He was part of the reason I stayed away for so long. The Pink Floyd that I like is Division Bell era PF. That's complete heresy to many of the die hard fans. I don't give a rat's ass what they think about what I like or do not like. My musical tastes are not up for vote or "guidance". The heart wants [to hear] what the heart wants...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great.

Here's how things work with most [normal] people:

Scanning down the topics list in a forum... "nope... nope... not interested... don't like her... can't stand him... ahhh, here we go, something I have an opinion [that's not worthless] on..."

Every day I pass by hundreds of threads that I either don't care about, or ones related to things that I don't like AT ALL. Have I ever posted in a thread simply to say "that sucks". Probably. But it's not something I go out of my way to do. Because people really don't give a rat's ass that you think something sucks. It's not like anyone with their own mind is going to go "ya know... I was really interested in this subject, but then you came along and pissed all over it, and now... I think it sucks just like you do... thanks for the education!!!". That doesn't happen with subjects (like music) that involve personal taste. Capiche?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Side 1 sounds very much reminiscent to Wish You Were Here. At least that is what it seems like to me. Smooth listening!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Scanning down the topics list in a forum... "nope... nope... not interested... don't like her... can't stand him... ahhh, here we go, something I have an opinion [that's not worthless] on..."

Every day I pass by hundreds of threads that I either don't care about, or ones related to things that I don't like AT ALL. Have I ever posted in a thread simply to say "that sucks". Probably. But it's not something I go out of my way to do. Because people really don't give a rat's ass that you think something sucks. It's not like anyone with their own mind is going to go "ya know... I was really interested in this subject, but then you came along and pissed all over it, and now... I think it sucks just like you do... thanks for the education!!!". That doesn't happen with subjects (like music) that involve personal taste. Capiche?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great.

I really like how you've been handling the nay sayers in this and the other thread, and I agree with you, although I just like Pink Floyd, period, with or without that Douchebag Waters.

And if we ever cross paths, the first beer is on me.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I didn't like it very much. Too many nods to their other popular songs. Welcome to the Machine, Young Lust, etc. Kind of like rewrites.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:30:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I really like how you've been handling the nay sayers in this and the other thread, and I agree with you, although I just like Pink Floyd, period, with or without that Douchebag Waters.  

View Quote

Thanks bud. Unfortunately, I know that I come off as another internet douche to many here. That's too bad. I write a lot of posters off because I judge them by what they have to say here. I'm sure that I'm selling them far short, and that they're really much more "human" than they come off in these threads. But what else can I do? Gotta make a quick judgement about whether I want to spend any more time reading their posts. You're definitely one whose posts I find worth reading.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Thanks bud. Unfortunately, I know that I come off as another internet douche to many here. That's too bad. I write a lot of posters off because I judge them by what they have to say here. I'm sure that I'm selling them far short, and that they're really much more "human" than they come off in these threads. But what else can I do? Gotta make a quick judgement about whether I want to spend any more time reading their posts. You're definitely one whose posts I find worth reading.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

I don't write anybody off, in gerneal, and don't even use the ignore button. I'll usually just skim through a thread and if a post catches my eye, or it's a poster that I have respect for, such as yourself, I'll read it.

Even the jackasses have something good to say once in awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top