Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 12:03:38 PM EDT
This followed me home from the music store last night. It's a Yamaha SLG110N nylon "silent acoustic". It doesn't quite have the snap and response of my Cordoba FCWE Reissue flamenco, but it sounds awesome. More like a standard classical. Very impressed. Sounds great through head phones. And on-board FX are great, though I run the guitar dry and use just a hint of reverb on my Fishman Loudbox Mini.

My wife was giving me the look (of a wife who's seen 5 Les Pauls, 2 Strats, a couple of tube amps, and a bunch of FX pedals come through the door over the summer) when I walked in the door with the case. But as soon as I pulled it out, she was like "ahhhh... that's SO cool". I'm diggin it and already the wheels are turning, thinking about returning to my solo acoustic gigging schtick... though I'll probably go a little less latin-flavored and a little more smooth-jazz this time.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Piezo or mic pickup?

Photobucket was slow as shit loading that picture too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Piezo or mic pickup?

Photobucket was slow as shit loading that picture too.
View Quote

Piezzo. Being that it's not a real acoustic, a mic probably wouldn't be of all that much use I'm thinking.

Weird on the photobucket deal. Will have to investigate that.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No place to put my sound hole plug...
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That's definitely different, and I can see how it would be handy for gigs.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks super cool.  Nice catch!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't be able to pass that up just on uniqueness alone.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Still lovin' this guitar and everyone who sees it is instantly fascinated. I highly recommend it for people who want a quiet practice guitar that sounds GREAT plugged-in, as well as those who struggle with playing a deep-bodied acoustic (like I do, because of my ulnar nerve issues in my right arm).
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Never saw one before.
Saw a Cello like that speaking of 'sawing.'
Cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top