Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 11:56:25 PM EDT
I picked up a Traynor Custom Valve 80 4x10 combo today and cleaned it up, tried it out, everything sounded cool. I pulled the tubes to see if they were stock or if not, what model and I noticed on one of the power tubes this brown stain. It begins where the normal silver blob from the getter ends. I've been googling it and haven't found anything yet. Anyone ever see this? " />

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I picked up a Traynor Custom Valve 80 4x10 combo today and cleaned it up, tried it out, everything sounded cool. I pulled the tubes to see if they were stock or if not, what model and I noticed on one of the power tubes this brown stain. It begins where the normal silver blob from the getter ends. I've been googling it and haven't found anything yet. Anyone ever see this? http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/soopagloo/browntube-1.jpg" />    
View Quote
I redid this because it wasn't showing in my browser.

Yeah, that doesn't look good. Looks like that tube got really hot, I wouldn't trust it.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Call JJ.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I popped some Svetlana 6L6GCs in the power section and it does seem a tad bit louder. Tomorrow when I'm by myself at the house, I'm going to crank it up a bit more and see how it sounds. So far, I like it, but I'm quickly running out of space in my small room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top