Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 7:38:14 PM EDT
Curious about this…

A lot of our gear requires batteries…active pups, tuners, pedals, etc…Yet somehow I find I am pretty much always the guy who is the only one to have extra batteries...

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh,  bass player always has extras.

Seriously though.  I always carried batteries, strings, bridge pins (played acoustic) and cables.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
In my gig bag I carry batteries for everything as well as tools, extra sets of strings, cords, hand lotion, aspirin. My gig bag is just like
one of these .

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]

I always have a cheap Fieldline pack with all the stuff I might need. Batteries, strings, side cutters, extra cables, picks, tools, ect. Heck, I even have a little makeshift first aid kit in there too.

That said, the only guitar related stuff I have that takes batteries is my wireless and one of my acoustics has an on board preamp. I don't have any active pickups and I either use my Voodoo pedal power thingy or wall warts for my pedals.

ETA: Oh yeah, I forgot about my Snark, it takes CR2032s, so I have a couple of those in the bag too.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I only carry batteries with my bass gear because I use an active bass. Unless you're using active gear, there's no reason to carry them. If you have no power you have no sound; batteries won't make there be electricity and you should always have power supplies for your pedals.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive got one better than forgetting to bring batteries, I played in a band with this idiot that forgot to bring his gutiars to a gig and it was in a different state, so it wasn't like he could drive home and get them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I used wireless for my instruments, mics and in-ears.

I kept a few battery chargers permanently mounted in the PA rack, filled with enough rechargeable AA batteries to last me several shows.

My bodypacks had battery life indicators on them, so I wasn't worried.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to keep a couple of packs of AAA's in my horn cases, but either through changing out the batteries in my metronome/tuner or giving them to others, I just never replaced them. But, after having my insulin pump battery die at a gig, I now keep a pack of AAA's in each of my cases. Good thing my tuners and pump use the same batteries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top