Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2014 4:38:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Boss GE7 equalizer off of fleabay (about $30 used).  Also, I run a DI box on my setup, which changes things over from 1/4" to XLR.  I also have an Ernie Ball Volume Pedal (love it), a Boss DD-7 digital delay, and a Line 6 DL4 delay.  I know several professional guitar guys that run that same set up (Tim Reynolds, Peter Mayer, etc.).  The GE7 was the best addition IMO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have just started plugging my acoustic in.  I am definitely no expert.  I usually just like a little reverb that I can get on the amp.  

However, i have watched about a million of the Rig Rundown episodes on youtube.   I would say a good majority of players on there use a Fishman Aura system if they have an acoustic in their set.   I looked into them a bit after seeing them come up so much.  They are definitely cool, but pricey, and I don't need one for anything I play.  

I just thought I would mention them because the can really help shape some nice sounds.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
A little chorus and a small amount of delay is your friend
for a natural sound. Fishman makes good stuff but so does TC.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
40 year player....buy a Zoom A2 or A3.  Has every effect you'lll need.   If you are interest in how they sound search for my guitar tutorials on YT......search for binbear4
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top