Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2014 5:01:56 PM EDT
Just bought the album. Yeah, they still rock. I think it's damn good, it's got a "power metal" vibe to it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just bought the album. Yeah, they still rock. I think it's damn good, it's got a "power metal" vibe to it.
View Quote

I heard parts of it. Not bad. Amazingly, they sound the same as they always did, even without KK Downing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta have me some red V.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Been a Priest fan since the 70s, RoS, while not a bad album at all, just doesnt grab me like the classic stuff or even Angel of Retribution did.  I like tracks 1, 2 and 6 onthe new disc, the rest...meh.   still better than Nostradamus though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
yep very good musically.....Halford seems to be losing power...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I heard parts of it. Not bad. Amazingly, they sound the same as they always did, even without KK Downing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's right.  No bass in the mix as usual... :)
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It's pretty good. I bought it right after it came out.

But it doesn't hold-up for me like the last bunch of Maiden albums have. They rock as hard as ever and they've got THE renaissance man of our time -- Bruce... Friggin... Dickinson!!!

UP THE IRONS!!!  

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
They're playing here in a few months with Steel Panther as an opening act.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#8]
And I was going to take my 13 year old to see them, but I don't think he's ready for Steel Panther.  He saw Maiden live when he was 9 with Dream Theater.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they still have Scott Travis on drums? Saw Priest w/Travis back on the PainKiller tour and he shred.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's pretty good. I bought it right after it came out.

But it doesn't hold-up for me like the last bunch of Maiden albums have. They rock as hard as ever and they've got THE renaissance man of our time -- Bruce... Friggin... Dickinson!!!

UP THE IRONS!!!  

View Quote

You present a strong argument, ol chap. At this point it doesn't matter who shows up on the scene, Maiden is the best band ever. BFD teaches people to fly jets in his off time.

How cool is that? Short hair, and pilots wings. LOL.

I just wish I had 4 arms so I could play their music in the style in which it is intended to be played.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top