Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm still waiting on a song.
View Quote

Well, while we wait for somebody to get that song done *cough* Pavlov *cough*  

What kind of music you into, want to play that's not necessarily the norm, et cetera?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't care what it is as long as it doesn't have picking stuff in it (like the clean parts of One by Metallica) and I can find a tab for it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Should be able to find tabs for this:

Dio - The Last in Line

no need to do a solo if you don't want to, there's no way in hell I'd be able to pull that off

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya, there's no way in hell I can do the solo, but I should be able to do the rest no problem
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ya, there's no way in hell I can do the solo, but I should be able to do the rest no problem
View Quote

I'd be genuinely impressed if you did, hahaha, good luck brother I'm looking forward to hearing it
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Sounded damned good

Wasn't expecting a response that quickly either, hahaha
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounded damned good

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounded damned good

Hell, I'm supposed to do it one take, it shouldn't take that long.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounded damned good

Fair enough. Well, I don't really know who's up next, I think it MAY be madmike again, but I'm unsure.

Any volunteer?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Well whoever's next, your song is Daddy's Girl by Feared

And I'm up for another one, I can get it done after work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFqtktdG1s

View Quote

I am claiming this one.  Daddy's girl is mine.  Warning tho, it might take a bit, as I don't know when I will be back in the studio.  But I am claiming this one...should be fun.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am claiming this one.  Daddy's girl is mine.  Warning tho, it might take a bit, as I don't know when I will be back in the studio.  But I am claiming this one...should be fun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFqtktdG1s

Was gonna ask you about that but didn't want to seem impatient
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
BornToLooze:

Toys in The Attic by Aerosmith

or the option of "hard mode"

Artifacts of the Black Rain by In Flames

Also, I'm up for another. Whatever genre you want, either guitar or bass, though I'm far more competent a bassist than guitarist.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep meaning to message you about it...still on my list.  I haven't touched my drums in probably a month...I've only been back at the house a few days total, and not in the past 2 weeks.  I am gonna try and make some progress on it this weekend though.  I did start mapping out some stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Keep meaning to message you about it...still on my list.  I haven't touched my drums in probably a month...I've only been back at the house a few days total, and not in the past 2 weeks.  I am gonna try and make some progress on it this weekend though.  I did start mapping out some stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey, no worries, was just going to ask if maybe you had forgotten or said "nah, fuck this"

I'll be holding my patience until then
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll do Artifacts of the Black Rain, I should have it done by the end of the weekend.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread needs more metal. . Specifically Pantera.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This thread needs more metal. . Specifically Pantera.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure I'm up next, so what do you suggest?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:54:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Can I switch mine to a Pantera one? I probably can't nail the solo, but I can jam the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can I switch mine to a Pantera one? I probably can't nail the solo, but I can jam the hell out of it.
View Quote

I don't particularly care. Though no one has mentioned specifically a Pantera one to do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Long weekend and I am home.  Gonna knock out the Feared track AND The Depths.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Long weekend and I am home.  Gonna knock out the Feared track AND The Depths.
View Quote

Cool man, looking forward to hearing them both
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Ready for round 2 bros

lets keep this going.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I know I owe one, or by now a couple. I'm trying to get some way to record , or get over to my bud's when he actually has time to try to get it done.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ready for round 2 bros

lets keep this going.
View Quote

I'm still waiting on someone to choose my round 2 hahaha

I think borntolooze is working on something, as is madmike
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I still haven't even listened to my song.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
So Mikey here is a dumbass.  I shant be able to do my song until at least after the New Year.  I got mad busy and kept having to push it back...then last weekend I fractured my heel and tore the plantar fascia ligament in my foot.  I'm in a boot for 4 weeks, then some phys therapy.  i can play for a while, but only rock or country stuff...no double bass.

Sucks, because I was all pumped to do a version.  I actually got the raw stems from Ola, so I could do my own drums without the original drums in the song at all.

Will have to wait until my dumb ass heals.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll be bringing this thread back from the dead shortly...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#29]
1. This is the first time I've picked up my guitar in quite awhile

2. I'm a shitty guitar player anyway, so it doesn't really matter how long it's been.

Anyhow, I think just about every metal-head know's how to play Omerta to some extent.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:51:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

2. I'm a shitty guitar player anyway, so it doesn't really matter how long it's been.

Anyhow, I think just about every metal-head know's how to play Omerta to some extent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kUZd-EAabg&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

That sounded really good.  What tuning was that in?  The low strings looked like they had a little slack in them..  

I wish I could participate, but I suck and can't do anything in one take.   I "wrote" a few bars on acoustic that I fingerpick to warm up.  I have played it probably a thousand times, and I still muck it up.  

This is a video from my guitar teacher.  I am trying to learn this song from him.  He doesn't have a lot of patience though so it is a struggle.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8a9eqkSqM8
If somebody wants to give it a go for the challenge maybe it would help me learn it.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That sounded really good.  What tuning was that in?  The low strings looked like they had a little slack in them..  

I wish I could participate, but I suck and can't do anything in one take.   I "wrote" a few bars on acoustic that I fingerpick to warm up.  I have played it probably a thousand times, and I still muck it up.  

This is a video from my guitar teacher.  I am trying to learn this song from him.  He doesn't have a lot of patience though so it is a struggle.  

If somebody wants to give it a go for the challenge maybe it would help me learn it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kUZd-EAabg&feature=youtu.be

Thank you

It's in Drop D, but those are kind of old worn in strings and I have yet to get a very good grip on playing with just enough force behind the pick as opposed to overdoing it. I think it's a tendency that I brought over from Bass where I play hard as fuck without really being aware of it.

I wouldn't worry about "sucking," we all start somewhere. It's just a fun exercise in learning something new and trying to play through it in a go. You wouldn't BELIEVE how often a live musician can fuck up without anybody noticing, the important thing is to just keep going instead of getting frustrated. I know I fucked up a couple times on stupid shit I probably shouldn't have in that video.

Give it a whirl
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top