Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 2:50:42 PM EDT
i have heard more out there but cant put my finger on the names of the songs..

this is video starts at the guitar sol in particular   the sound of the solo is what i am looking for.   just a rolling smooth mid to high pitch roll.    it is a kinda music that i have found that sooths my soul a lil bit..

[youtube]http://youtu.be/F0BuXSGrwrs?t=2m49s[/youtube]

the solo starts at 2:50~
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like some sort of pop music. But I couldn't tell you for sure, because stuff like that makes me want to gouge my ears out, so I don't listen to it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Makes me want to do heroin. Now search Parkway Drive , Sleepwalker.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I really can't stand that dude's videos, because they are super-overproduced, and everybody gushes over how uber talented the kids are based off them.  So much studio magic going on in all of them, and he probably has parents throwing cash at him to teach their kids to be so 'awesome'.  And this song, like others, I suspect some re-recording is done after the kids peace out (ETA: for instance the drums...I don't believe those are the kid's drums...likely programmed.  He is playing different cymbals in the second half, switching from the hi-hat to riding the crash in the video, and ending rolls with crash cymbals, but the audio track is a steady beat on a ride or hi-hat, and sounds very much like a digital sample and not actually played and captured on mic.)

Most people just have no clue what goes on in a studio...given enough time, takes, and engineering talent you can make just about anybody sound as good as you want to.

Yes, I am a hater.  Flame on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really can't stand that dude's videos, because they are super-overproduced, and everybody gushes over how uber talented the kids are based off them.  So much studio magic going on in all of them, and he probably has parents throwing cash at him to teach their kids to be so 'awesome'.  And this song, like others, I suspect some re-recording is done after the kids peace out (ETA: for instance the drums...I don't believe those are the kid's drums...likely programmed.  He is playing different cymbals in the second half, switching from the hi-hat to riding the crash in the video, and ending rolls with crash cymbals, but the audio track is a steady beat on a ride or hi-hat, and sounds very much like a digital sample and not actually played and captured on mic.)

Most people just have no clue what goes on in a studio...given enough time, takes, and engineering talent you can make just about anybody sound as good as you want to.

Yes, I am a hater.  Flame on.
View Quote

Um, I don't think you're gonna get flamed for saying that here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, you know how it goes.  Somebody throws around the "these kids are prodigies", you say they aren't, you get called a bitter failed musician...I know I am a bitter failed musician, that has nothing to do with it!!!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I will say that John Frusciante has put out a lot of stuff somewhat comparable to that both in his solo career and in his time with the RHCP. Specifically look at the stadium arcadium album from the chilis. His stuff might rock just a little harder than that solo but you be the judge.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I will say that John Frusciante has put out a lot of stuff somewhat comparable to that both in his solo career and in his time with the RHCP. Specifically look at the stadium arcadium album from the chilis. His stuff might rock just a little harder than that solo but you be the judge.
View Quote

I wouldn't even call that a solo. It's just a riff based on a scale fragment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
The "solo" reminds me of Slash's riff under the chorus vocals in "Loving the Alien", on Velvet Revolver's Contraband album.  Not just the tone, but the riff itself...sounds like a pretty blatant copy.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh, you know how it goes.  Somebody throws around the "these kids are prodigies", you say they aren't, you get called a bitter failed musician...I know I am a bitter failed musician, that has nothing to do with it!!!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THOSE KIDS ARE AMAZING AND YOU'RE A SHITTY DRUMMER!

But in all reality the "given enough time" statement is true, and the recordings sound TOO tight for these kids. Don't get me wrong, there are some kids that have some tight playing, but this sound's like robots playing to me.

All over-analysis aside, I can dig it. Pretty groovy little rock-remake of an alternative/pop song.

Also, can't tell if that's a really dirty gnarly sounding bass tone, or just a warm bass tone with really hollow driven guitars on top of it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The "solo" reminds me of Slash's riff under the chorus vocals in "Loving the Alien", on Velvet Revolver's Contraband album.  Not just the tone, but the riff itself...sounds like a pretty blatant copy.  
View Quote

Wouldn't surprise me, but things get ripped off in music all the time.

And welcome to the board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top