Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 10:26:18 AM EDT
I bought an ESP Xtone Limited a while back. Being a retard, I tripped over it while it was on a guitar stand and bashed the head into a wall. The wood is okay, but I broke one of the tuners. I didn't want to deal with the different screw offsets for a new set of machines and I couldn't find anywhere online that sold the right ones.

So I called ESP in California.

ESP does not sell parts.

"Let me transfer you to our warranty department. Maybe they can help you."

I left a message and Tim called me back the next day. He affirmed that I can't buy them from ESP (a mistake, IMO) then he asked for the serial number and model of the guitar. I told him.

He's sending me a tuner.

I've liked that brand for a long time.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, I've always been an ESP fan but haven't had a need to use their customer service department.  My EC-400 quickly became my favorite and enabled me to sell my Gibson LP...the ESP sounded better and played better for me.

I had one of those retard moments many years ago with a beautiful cherry sunburst Les Paul classic...mangled tuner, chipped nut, broken selector switch and a nice splintered and dented body.  I only use locking straps now...   I still have that one too, it still sounds great and stays in tune after I replaced the nut.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have five ESPs. I love them.  Good to know they back their customers!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one of those retard moments many years ago with a beautiful cherry sunburst Les Paul classic...mangled tuner, chipped nut, broken selector switch and a nice splintered and dented body.  I only use locking straps now...   I still have that one too, it still sounds great and stays in tune after I replaced the nut.
View Quote

You should see my Takamine classical. I tripped over a boom stand with a heavy condenser mike with shock mount. The mount went straight into the body. Nice long crack along the grain of the face right by the soundhole, and some nice scuffs. I'm still in mourning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top