Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2014 8:41:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
View Quote

I bought the CD, some good covers on there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Didn't care too much for Rob Halford's version of Man on the Silver Mountain.  I'm just surprised that he didn't put more oomph into the vocals...

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Metallica's "Ronnie Rising" on that album was actually pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Didn't care too much for Rob Halford's version of Man on the Silver Mountain.  I'm just surprised that he didn't put more oomph into the vocals...

View Quote

me either.

was nice to see TD / Jack Black do something "serious".  I didn't care for the flute.
and nothing against JB, but it was very apparent how great RJD's voice was.

listening to the Scorpions now...  meh..

Metallica is next....
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Halford could have done better for sure.

TD is good but thought the flute was a little silly as well but then again they are a comedy act.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]

The Sabbath covers - Neon Knights, Mob Rules, and I (you go Jimmy Bain!) were good.  I never was into Dio's solo stuff with the exception of Strange Highways (has left over tunes from Dehumanizer on it). :)

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Sabbath covers - Neon Knights, Mob Rules, and I (you go Jimmy Bain!) were good.  I never was into Dio's solo stuff with the exception of Strange Highways (has left over tunes from Dehumanizer on it). :)

View Quote

All Dio is great!

Lock Up the Wolves is probably my favorite. Young Robertson killed it on guitar.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top