Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2017 9:19:00 AM EDT
Just finished my third novel in this series, I'm offering the second one for free for anyone interested.

Night Of The Howling Moon is the most recent and finds Jack and crew attempting to assassinate Saddam Hussein during the mid 90's coup attempt.  I wanted to offer this one up for free but it didn't turn out to be quite as stand alone as I was planning.  It ties up some loose ends from the first two books.

Night Of The Howling Moon

The Moon Also Rises is the second in the series and is free through the weekend.  It's loosely based on a real event from the fall of 1994, the discovery of a Mistral MANPAD set up and ready to fire on the side of a quiet country road in central Maryland, not far from the Westminster VOR.  The book starts out with Jack flying medivac in Western Alaska where he's been wallowing in booze and misogyny after his African experiences in the first book, Looking Down On The Moon.

The Moon Also Rises

I gear my writing for pilots and fans of esoteric aviation/military history.  It's not classic literary fiction, but I hope it makes for fun reading.

Thanks and enjoy
Chuck
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, will check it out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you post more info regarding the Mistral discovery?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you post more info regarding the Mistral discovery?
View Quote
I so wish I could.  That was why I wrote the book.  Here is what I know.

Around the time it happened there was an article in the Baltimore Sun and to paraphrase it:

"A truck driver discovered a Mistral Shoulder Fired Surface to Air Missile on the side of route (97 or 32, I don't remember now).  Maryland State Police EOD responded and disarmed the missile"

I had the news paper clipping for the longest time and probably still do somewhere, but that was about all the article said. Now, MSP's response may not have been 'disarming' as much as dismantling an inert training device given the accuracy of news media.  I'd like to think our very own spooky types were conducting a training exercise, something went side ways and the inert training device got left behind.  To me the alternative is a HUGE story and worthy of a book.  Someday if I ever get to where I'm writing full time or if I can ever retire, its one of a couple of things I'd like to FOIA and find as close to the truth as I can.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Great timing! I just finished Looking Down on the Moon a few weeks ago. D/L'd number 2 and just purchased 3. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great timing! I just finished Looking Down on the Moon a few weeks ago. D/L'd number 2 and just purchased 3. Thanks!
View Quote
Awesome, hope you enjoy them.

and lets see if I do this right.

@BillofRights  for what little info I have added above on the Mistral incident.  

I'm heading to training right now, just got back from overseas, when I can settle in back home I'll see if I can find that news paper clipping and also check the Baltimore Sun to see if I can dig up the story in their archives.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top