Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2017 7:53:09 AM EDT
I have been considering getting alergy shots in order to help alleviate some of the reactions I get from certain animals.

Tried talking to several AMEs and no one has been able to give me a satisfactory answer about whether or not it might interfere with my ability to get and retain my medical. With out that answer, I'm definitely not going to risk it. But if it's possible it would absolutely make some social interactions more bearable.

Anyone got advice for this guy?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have been considering getting alergy shots in order to help alleviate some of the reactions I get from certain animals.

Tried talking to several AMEs and no one has been able to give me a satisfactory answer about whether or not it might interfere with my ability to get and retain my medical. With out that answer, I'm definitely not going to risk it. But if it's possible it would absolutely make some social interactions more bearable.

Anyone got advice for this guy?
View Quote

Some quick searching found this.

Pharmaceutical Considerations:
Allergy Shots: For conditions controlled by desensitization, AME must warn the airman to not operate aircraft until four hours after each injection.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/pharm/des_inj/
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
@switchtanks

I have bad seasonal allergies and i'm allergic to just about every animal. Everyone is different with what they take but my old boss suggested taking Zyrtec and Singulair (asthma medication). Made an appointment with my doc who is a family friend and let him know a head of time what was going on. Didn't tell him what my boss had recommended. I walked into his office and he handed me two prescriptions for both, like he could read my mind.

I've been on it for 5 years, usually I take it from March to July and I have no issues at all.

Don't know about allergy shots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top