Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2017 11:02:49 AM EDT
Saw two land at Morristown Airport this morning at about 0920. Not something you see everyday!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Saw two land at Morristown Airport this morning at about 0920. Not something you see everyday!
View Quote

My guess would be test flights from the Boeing plant outside Philly.  When I lived in Salem County we would see Chinooks all the time going to between Millville Airport where Boeing had a place and the Philly plant
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Most test flights are single ship and originate and terminate from the same field. I have worked for 2 manufacturers and done many test flights.

The 22's at MMU are in support of Trump, they have been there several times for his Bedminster golf course stays.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you live here in the FL Panhandle.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]
They're impressive looking but a maintenance nightmare.  A lot of that having to do with parts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I see them a lot in ABQ and occasionally in Clovis, NM. Saw them doing PAR approaches into Quantico while I was doing survey work in VA. Partied with an osprey driver and I asked him what flying jobs he was looking for after he got out, and he had no clue how the time would even translate to the civilian world. Interesting airframe for sure.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see them a lot in ABQ and occasionally in Clovis, NM. Saw them doing PAR approaches into Quantico while I was doing survey work in VA. Partied with an osprey driver and I asked him what flying jobs he was looking for after he got out, and he had no clue how the time would even translate to the civilian world. Interesting airframe for sure.
View Quote
We had a mismash of pilots that had transitioned into the airframe.  In our unit alone we had, of course a bunch of CH-46 guys, a bunch of F-18 guys and a couple of C-130 guys.  I'd be curious how that time transfers into the civilian world as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're impressive looking but a maintenance nightmare.  A lot of that having to do with parts.
View Quote
Are the parts poorly made or are they just hard to get?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are the parts poorly made or are they just hard to get?
View Quote
My experience with them for the 3 years I worked on them was parts were just hard to come by.  We would have 3 birds in for Phase maintenance at one time using the newest one into phase to rape parts and get the longest one in phase out of the hangar to fly.  AFAIK all of the V-22 units used this practice to keep birds moving though phase and they'd use the phase planes to keep the ones flying between phases as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top