Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2017 9:21:21 PM EDT
I've got an interview at Envoy in mid June for their RTP. Anybody else done this or looking at doing this? Seems like a good program for mil Helo guys trying to break into the fixed wing world.

I've talked to a few guys that are doing it or looking at it, but wanted to see if anybody here had additional information.

Here is a link to PSA's program overview for those that are not familiar.

Additionally if anybody has interview/suit advice it would be greatly appreciated. I've done some research but I would like some additional input and links to information I may have missed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in training for the Emb-145 at Envoy now, gearing up for my oral exam and pretty busy but can answer questions.

The gouge on airline interviews is spot on, I wore a $300 Men's warehouse suit. Just something nice and professional, there were some people that came in with glossy red shirts and fancy knots on their neckties and it stood out but they were treated the same.

A few rtp guys in the interview group and probably ten in an Indoc class of 35. I think rtp only does the HR interview, which again, was mostly right off the gouge or expected Hr interview questions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in training for the Emb-145 at Envoy now, gearing up for my oral exam and pretty busy but can answer questions.

The gouge on airline interviews is spot on, I wore a $300 Men's warehouse suit. Just something nice and professional, there were some people that came in with glossy red shirts and fancy knots on their neckties and it stood out but they were treated the same.

A few rtp guys in the interview group and probably ten in an Indoc class of 35. I think rtp only does the HR interview, which again, was mostly right off the gouge or expected Hr interview questions.
View Quote
This is true, at least based off the email I received, no technical portion of the interview.

I plan on wearing a navy suit with nothing to draw attention to myself. I usually perform well in interviews, but I'm still gonna prepare for the interview.

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not extensive, maybe 6-7 questions and some paperwork/conversation. Maybe took 20-30 minutes including signing some stuff. The interviewer was a captain not an HR person, so it wasn't too in depth.

The technical maybe took 10 minutes, they were mostly dfw based technical questions and I was currently flying out of Dfw at the time so it was stupid easy. But you won't be doing that.

Be prepared to wait all day (they go through your logbooks) but they give you lunch that's decent.

They really like if you know the name of the CEO, and the usual company aircraft type and domicilea.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Couple general thoughts;  It seems like a fantastic program, get in as soon as possible.  

Go into the interview with confidence.  The pilot shortage is absolutely real.  They need warm bodies, and you are already a known quantity.

Don't count on the AA flow through.  Start applying to all the Majors as soon as you get on with Envoy.   Military pilots have always enjoyed an advantage.  It applies less to Helicopter pilots, but it still makes you part of the brotherhood.  As always, Networking is primary.   Good luck, keep us posted.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Well did interviews with Envoy and PSA and got conditional offers from both companies.

The interviews were ridiculously easy, each lasting about 30 mins with most of that being paperwork/bullshitting. (I can give a more in-depth AAR if anybody wants.)

At this point I will move forward with whoever has the sooner RTP opening. Envoy supposedly has a ~6 month wait but I'm hoping for a short fall opening. PSA seems to have immediate openings so hopefully I will be flying full time starting in mid July.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Just one thing to remember on actual hire dates. Summer is the traditional busy season, far more pilots are brought onboard between October-April than any other time. The reason is the instructors and IOE Captains are all out flying the line and the schoolhouse lacks the trainers to accomidate the new hires during that time period.

Pick your poison, show up ontime and happy everyday and you should have a great career. At some point in your life the hardest thing will be not whistling when you're packing to go to work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice. Let us know how it goes. I will be going airline early next year.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Oops doubletap
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice. Let us know how it goes. I will be going airline early next year.
View Quote
Already done w uncle Sam?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Already done w uncle Sam?
View Quote
1 more year almost to the day left on my contract.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top