Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2017 12:37:00 PM EDT
Pretty much we live in a Rural/Farming Community, but several times in areas of seemingly no interest (farm field, wooded area) my wife and I both have witnessed what appears to be a small craft with white and red/green nav lights off the road well after 10:00 at night......The only reason I could think of for seeing these up there, so late and with nothing really note worthy would be coyote hunters, but most of those guys run Dogs and you kind of know they're out there.
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Most likely a crop duster. They spray in the off hours before, and after midnight. Bugs are dormant at that time.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most likely a crop duster. They spray in the off hours before, and after midnight. Bugs are dormant at that time.  
View Quote
Didn't think of that...
The last one I saw I'm 99% sure was a small "drone" (size, altitude, lights, speed) it was just odd for it to be out at 10:00 at night and the nearest house almost a mile away.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]
They used to run light aircraft (182's) where I grew up with thermals late at night to look for grow operations.  Evidently the grow lights put off lots of heat so nighttime was the best time to look for them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They used to run light aircraft (182's) where I grew up with thermals late at night to look for grow operations.  Evidently the grow lights put off lots of heat so nighttime was the best time to look for them.
View Quote
Years back, I heard about the DEA and Local Po-Po flying around looking for heat signatures: They showed a Thermal picture on the evening News showing  someones Roof and clearly there were some rather significant hot spots in a pattern.....yea, it wasn't the light someone left on in the Attic.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top