Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2017 9:49:29 PM EDT
Oops.  A little low on that last one.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2017/05/piper-pa-23-250-aztec-n63944-accident.html

"BALLVILLE TWP.  A Fremont man bringing his plane in for a landing clipped a semitrailer driving north on Ohio 53, forcing the airplane to land on its belly.

The crash happened about 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Fremont Airport.

Nobody was injured as a result of the incident, including the trucks driver.

"I was just driving down Ohio 53, and I heard a boom, said Russ Street, a driver for the Sandusky-based South Shore Transportation. It rocked the trailer. I thought the semi was going over."
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Trade a plane ad: aztruck for sale, minor cosmetic wing damage, fresh props and annual 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The landing gear stuck in the side of the trailer sums it all up nicely.  The 71 year old pilot is not going to have fond memories of his final flight.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Oops
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the OSP anything like the CSP?

If there's a traffic accident someone is getting a ticket. And they don't have jurisdiction over the airplane.  So l wonder what the truck driver will be written up for?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Over height trailer. 
If it was shorter there wouldn't have been an accident. 
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I live not far from here and have flown into that airport quite a few times.  I am not all that surprised that this happened, as i've seen guys fly drug in approaches here often.  With ~4,000 feet of runway, I'm not sure why guys do that...especially considering St Rte 53 is a heavily traveled road.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The landing gear stuck in the side of the trailer sums it all up nicely.  The 71 year old pilot is not going to have fond memories of his final flight.
View Quote
neither will that Aztec 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't be surprised if the threshold doesn't get displace several hundred feet to prevent another incident like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top