Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2017 9:48:57 AM EDT
But was still usable?  Presuming they didn't crater the runway?

I'm trying to imagine say DFW getting hit like that. My small brain isn't working very well.

Obviously they didn't go after chemical stocks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
3D chess.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#2]
A message sent to more than one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think a military airfield in a shithole country compares well to one of the busiest airports in the world.

They have 9 or fewer flyable aircraft at that place now. They don't need much.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]
question is, did all those actually make it to just that target area or were there a few strategic misses   
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol "airport".

Ok.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol "airport".

Ok.
View Quote
like i said in the other thread. This was more of a message to the Norks than anything.

They laughed when I said we probably even gave Putin a warning and he probably even agree'd to the strike. A rogue Nork is bad for business for Russia and China. This will chill them the fuck out or its fo time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think a military airfield in a shithole country compares well to one of the busiest airports in the world.

View Quote
Rachael Madcow was making fun of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross for stating that the strike had destroyed 20% rather than 20 aircraft of the Syrian Air Force.

So I did a little checking...and the Syrian AF has about...wait for it...100 ground attack fighters capable of delivering chemical munitions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rachael Madcow was making fun of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross for stating that the strike had destroyed 20% rather than 20 aircraft of the Syrian Air Force.

So I did a little checking...and the Syrian AF has about...wait for it...100 ground attack fighters capable of delivering chemical munitions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Maybe Wesley should stop pretending to do news and get a comedy show like This Week Tonight.

ETA: Wikipedia has a BDA of the Tomahawk usage against the airport, but nothing at all about the last 100 or so BHO fired into Syria.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
The debrief states the runaway wasn't a concern. The main targets were weapon storage, buildings, etc. they didn't bother with the runway because they knew it could be easily repaired.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Damage the runway, and it would be harder for an invading force to land troops and material.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A message sent to more than one.
View Quote
Exactly. Trump put the world on notice that he's no panty-waist Obummer clone. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top