Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2017 6:18:43 AM EDT
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/entertainment/harrison-ford-faa-investigation/index.html

Yeah, I know its CNN, but the story is basically a-political so I think they can't spin this.

I blasted the guy initially and was wrong, I didn't have all the facts.
Glad to see a fellow pilot get cleared of wrong doing.

Viva Solo
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
In contradiction of your post title, "FAA clears Harrison Ford of wrong doing", the story does not actually say that he was cleared of wrongdoing.

Rather, it says that the FAA "will not pursue enforcement action".

What that means is that they decided not to rake him over the coals for his violations, not that he did not violate any rules.

So the post title is misleading.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In contradiction of your post title, "FAA clears Harrison Ford of wrong doing", the story does not actually say that he was cleared of wrongdoing.

What that means is that they decided not to rake him over the coals for his violations, not that he did not violate any rules.

View Quote
This. He obviously did something wrong as he landed on a taxiway! 

Its he's a special snowflake so he gets a pass. Wonder where he will land next???
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah I guess you're right

Title changed
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Its he's a special snowflake so he gets a pass. Wonder where he will land next???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your theory is the only reason the FAA didn't pursue certificate action or fines against him is because he's an actor?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So your theory is the only reason the FAA didn't pursue certificate action or fines against him is because he's an actor?
View Quote
Not because he's an actor but a well funded (read: lawyerd up) pilot.

You can bet if you or I did that we'd have our ass in a sling.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine it depends on the details of the circumstances but I actually knew a guy that did the same thing in Seattle by landing his Cessna on taxiway T. Luckily no one else was on it so no metal got bent. He cooperated and dutifully filled out his NASA form and nothing ever came of it. Not even a fine and he never bothered to call an aviation attorney.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
He busted the class D here many years ago during an airshow.  Local fsdo guys sent it up to the regional office after investigating, and it disappeared.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I imagine it depends on the details of the circumstances but I actually knew a guy that did the same thing in Seattle by landing his Cessna on taxiway T. Luckily no one else was on it so no metal got bent. He cooperated and dutifully filled out his NASA form and nothing ever came of it. Not even a fine and he never bothered to call an aviation attorney.
View Quote
Probably this. If they went after everyone there would be no one flying.

The only one they always seem to drop the hammer on is VIP TFRs
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only one they always seem to drop the hammer on is VIP TFRs
View Quote
I had a buddy bust one of those.  It was this time of year and he was just getting ready for a summer flying job in Alaska.  The local fsdo guys delayed it all until he got back, then sent it to the regional office.  They came knocking and he showed them his NASA form.  Case closed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Good.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.....

Lots of bad speculation in this thread. 
Look up Compliance Action to better understand. 
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
When I was 16, and a student pilot, I landed on the wrong runway at Evansville, Indiana.  The FAA didn't pursue action against me, either.  I'm no celebrity, and no snowflake.  It is easier to do this kind of thing than you think, and it is more common than you think.  Rarely does it result in an accident.

I got a talking to by the controllers.  They were pretty cool about it, even before knowing I was a student pilot.  They made it a teachable moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top