Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2016 12:09:22 PM EDT

Dual posting here and in GD.

This is a rough one for a lot of us. Todd was a roommate of mine in NYC. Todd is a pilot for Delta Air Lines. He's one of the most extraordinary pilots you could ever meet. He's also just an extraordinary individual, husband, father, friend, mentor, and instructor.
Todd showed me around our neighborhood in Queens and around our company when I first joined it. We talked a lot about our daughters as they're the same age. I'm incredibly proud of him for managing to save her life and I'm broken hearted that he may lose his own now.

He could use all the help you can muster. Prayers are appreciated.

This is his history:

Air Force U2 pilot turns Navy Instructor Pilot

This is his go-fund me account explaining what happened and what he did:

"Daddy saved me. Daddy covered me while he was on fire."

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, incredible story.  Prayers for him and the family!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Hero.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Love let him do what looks impossible, GOD BLESS.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Impressive story . ,Prayers
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
What a hero
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Any word on how he is doing?

It looks like the fundraising goal was met.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any word on how he is doing?

It looks like the fundraising goal was met.
View Quote

I don't know first hand as I don't want to bother his family in such a hectic time but the updates on his go-fund me page are encouraging.

This is the latest update:

"Chad and I had the opportunity to visit with Horny yesterday and although we wish it were under different circumstances, it was great to see him.
Horny had us laughing in the first few minutes we were there. He wasn’t to “happy about the shoes” they had on him but the rest of his outfit was ok.
All things considered, he’s in good spirits and he’s an incredible fighter. He is awake, although sedated for the pain, and able to speak briefly. Amazingly, they had him up that morning to take a quick tour of the facility. The nurses we spoke with are encouraged by his progress. That being said, he still likely has multiple surgeries remaining to treat his burn injuries. He’s showing his true grit by already trying to work on his rehabilitation exercises even though his movement is very restricted.
It would still be premature and irresponsible of me to make any kind of prediction about his condition or how long he will be in the ICU. Simply stated, his condition is quite dynamic, and the medical staff is concerned about infections and other possible complications, but they are optimistic about his recovery and that’s all a fighter like Horny needs.

We told him about the swift and powerful show of support for him from all of you and we know he was deeply moved, even if he couldn’t say it, by what all of you have done for him and his family."

A guy with as much drive and resilience as Todd will fight his way through this. Infection is still the biggest concern and I'll be happy so long as he lives. But if he can get back on the line then I'll truly be thrilled.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top