Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2016 11:26:39 PM EDT
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c30_1475024418

Not sure how to embed a liveleak videohttp://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c30_1475024418

From the comments looks like the F-35 program hit another snag
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe a little more threadlocker on that setscrew next time?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice job getting it back. The WTF? stance at the end is classic!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Guy don't seem flustered at all.  Cool as a cucumber.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought just the opposite once he starts jacking with something at his feet at 75ft.  I'm also surprised the engine didn't grenade itself once the prop departed, you sure could hear it spin up and sound like a rotax.  I could have sworn you could hear him jacking with the power a few times, maybe that was muscle memory.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
I would have really liked to listen to the radio traffic.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Bummer.  Going to have to push it back to the hangar.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought just the opposite once he starts jacking with something at his feet at 75ft.  I'm also surprised the engine didn't grenade itself once the prop departed, you sure could hear it spin up and sound like a rotax.  I could have sworn you could hear him jacking with the power a few times, maybe that was muscle memory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My no flying self wondered if the reason that he messed with the controls at his feet and with the throttle were based around maintaining enough power generation for electronics and hydraulic actuated items.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It has happened before

zl5TIR1_ciQ

I have no idea why I can't embed video... Tried three different methods .
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My no flying self wondered if the reason that he messed with the controls at his feet and with the throttle were based around maintaining enough power generation for electronics and hydraulic actuated items.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably shutting the fuel valves off.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Somewhere, not far from the airstrip there is someone standing in their field looking down, asking themselves, "Where in the hell did THAT come from?".
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Props to him for at least getting it back to the runway.

Wonder if he notified the FAA about his incident.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  It has happened before

zl5TIR1_ciQ

I have no idea why I can't embed video... Tried three different methods .
View Quote

Try this method.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was my thought as well
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:03:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Props to him for at least getting it back to the runway.

Wonder if he notified the FAA about his incident.

View Quote

No kidding.  He needs one.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a buddy that was flying an RV-4 cross country, when he heard something bang the tail, followed by a vibration.  A few minutes later, another 'pop', and the vibration changed.  As he headed for the nearest runway, the vibration changed a couple more time for the worse.  He landed with two bolts holding the prop on.  Apparently, when one goes, the vibration works the others loose PDQ. (Some dumbass had used plain bolts.  No safety wire or cotter pins.)
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#17]
How about this one.. That sound as it wound out....

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhyEnqudx8M
View Quote

It didn't last long.  I assume that it stopped by itself.

The panel of experts were pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhyEnqudx8M
View Quote

I was there for that one; the sound it made was amazing
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be my guess too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top