Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2016 4:10:39 PM EDT
It took about 2 minutes for the Southwest Job Fair slots to fill up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you wanna fly a 207 up here I can get you a job this week
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could you pick out the ones that don't have a chance in hell of getting a job offer? I can do it with about 95% accuracy without ever seeing their app or resume. It's just good juvenile entertainment.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

They had a couple of no shows in the last class. The good employers are having no problems finding pilots.  The low pay shitty employers are struggling to fill seats.  for a very long time supply was great and as a result lots of places got by with obscenely low pay and really bad jobs.  The market has "balanced" itself.    I wonder what the total number of pilots needed vs the total number of ATP's is.  I only know that wages in my AO in corporate and air ambulance have increased dramatically.  There has to be a reason for this.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They had a couple of no shows in the last class. The good employers are having no problems finding pilots.  The low pay shitty employers are struggling to fill seats.  for a very long time supply was great and as a result lots of places got by with obscenely low pay and really bad jobs.  The market has "balanced" itself.    I wonder what the total number of pilots needed vs the total number of ATP's is.  I only know that wages in my AO in corporate and air ambulance have increased dramatically.  There has to be a reason for this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and you can be damn certain that as soon as things slow down at the "good"  places and pilots are more plentiful for the crappy ones then the corporate and air ambulance jobs will find a way to cut wages again. The ebb and the flow.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, and you can be damn certain that as soon as things slow down at the "good"  places and pilots are more plentiful for the crappy ones then the corporate and air ambulance jobs will find a way to cut wages again. The ebb and the flow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not many people are training right now so it may be a while.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can't find FOs now to save our lives, it's brutal to see a 500 hour wonder in the right seat of a jet when I got my first CFI gig at 750 hours.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Could you pick out the ones that don't have a chance in hell of getting a job offer? I can do it with about 95% accuracy without ever seeing their app or resume. It's just good juvenile entertainment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what are the elements of "Un-hireable?"

The vast majority of the people who are getting hired have all of the merit badges.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WN has had a bunch of no-shows. They got used to having any F-15 Weapons Instructor they wanted. Of course, that isn't going to jerk gear for the next 20 years for the LUV of the game, if DL or FDX is an option.

Again, a shift in demand curves doesn't indicate a shortage. Two entirely different, so much to say, even unrelated things.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not many "Muricans" are training, but there is a "Texas double butt-load" of "nesses" cluttering up the sky down here in Texas. Next thing you know our U.S. cockpits will look like the hospitals. Captain Mahish Ma-hesh Myyogart and first officer Masach Marod.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The vast majority of the people who are getting hired have all of the merit badges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a laundry list of appearances and behaviors that'll get you moving out the exit. Talk to any interviewer and they'll have a long list of humorous examples. A few...

If you show up to an interview wearing a brown suit and a 70's Era shirt. If you wear a suit where the sleeves and pants are both about 4" too long. We had a guy famously interview that walked into the interview room, took off his jacket, and everyone could see that he had tucked his undershirt and button-up shirt into his underwear which was now riding up above his belt line. Guys have come to interview and started picking their nose. I personally saw a guy I interviewed with put his feet up on the glass coffee table while waiting for his turn to interview. Both secretaries and at least 4 interviewers watched him do it. If you loudly fart in the waiting room you might as well turn around and go home. If you show up to interview and you're 450 lbs of morbidly obese walking pig fat that can't keep a shirt tucked in then don't be surprised that you're not hired regardless of other qualifications. If you show up to interview wearing a backpack and black sneakers with your suit then just go home. If you answer your phone during the actual interview it's not going to go well.
The day you interview you are supposed to be the perfect, most polished, and well behaved ambassador of your usual self you can possibly be. If you can't look the part on the ideal day then how will you look on a typical day of flying let alone a really challenging day.

There's a lot more to being an ideal air line pilot than just what's in your logbook. And on that note, if you show up and dump about 20 little trip books on the table instead of a couple of professional looking, tabbed logbooks then forget about the job. I had one famously socially awkward pilot tell me he did that while expressing his total disbelief and confusion over the fact he wasn't offered a job. That idiot actually walked into the interview and stated "well I hope this isn't a waste of my time." After that comment it pretty much was.

These kinds of people are generally pretty easy to spot.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not many "Muricans" are training, but there is a "Texas double butt-load" of "nesses" cluttering up the sky down here in Texas. Next thing you know our U.S. cockpits will look like the hospitals. Captain Mahish Ma-hesh Myyogart and first officer Masach Marod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...the "Pilot Shortage" mantra has EVERYTHING to do with H1-Bing Mahood and Wang, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There's a laundry list of appearances and behaviors that'll get you moving out the exit. Talk to any interviewer and they'll have a long list of humorous examples. A few...

If you show up to an interview wearing a brown suit and a 70's Era shirt. If you wear a suit where the sleeves and pants are both about 4" too long. We had a guy famously interview that walked into the interview room, took off his jacket, and everyone could see that he had tucked his undershirt and button-up shirt into his underwear which was now riding up above his belt line. Guys have come to interview and started picking their nose. I personally saw a guy I interviewed with put his feet up on the glass coffee table while waiting for his turn to interview. Both secretaries and at least 4 interviewers watched him do it. If you loudly fart in the waiting room you might as well turn around and go home. If you show up to interview and you're 450 lbs of morbidly obese walking pig fat that can't keep a shirt tucked in then don't be surprised that you're not hired regardless of other qualifications. If you show up to interview wearing a backpack and black sneakers with your suit then just go home. If you answer your phone during the actual interview it's not going to go well.
The day you interview you are supposed to be the perfect, most polished, and well behaved ambassador of your usual self you can possibly be. If you can't look the part on the ideal day then how will you look on a typical day of flying let alone a really challenging day.

There's a lot more to being an ideal air line pilot than just what's in your logbook. And on that note, if you show up and dump about 20 little trip books on the table instead of a couple of professional looking, tabbed logbooks then forget about the job. I had one famously socially awkward pilot tell me he did that while expressing his total disbelief and confusion over the fact he wasn't offered a job. That idiot actually walked into the interview and stated "well I hope this isn't a waste of my time." After that comment it pretty much was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw you....you did waste my time
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
We done fent and kilt the SWA Pilot Creds website.  Can't even log on right now, lol.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#14]
My dad told a story of a guy in a Delta interview, when asked why he wanted to fly for Delta he replied, "well I don't want to actually work for a living"
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These kinds of people are especially easy to spot after the interview. They're bitter and entitled and blame the air line and it's interview team and never once ask "what could I have done differently?"

Instead, they usually say something like "screw you guys for wasting my time."

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We done fent and kilt the SWA Pilot Creds website.  Can't even log on right now, lol.  
View Quote

I noticed. Can't even log in, now.

I wonder who is doing the analysis for the white space between "a shortage so short that a job fair announcement kills a third party website" and "we have empty slots in new-hire classes and first year pilots bailing out."
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had the chief pilot show up over at the school house once, to welcome the newly upgraded captains.  He congratulated them and talked about captain responsibilities. After he left, everyone busted out laughing because the chief pilot's fly was unzipped.

He lost a little (more) credibility that day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We had the chief pilot show up over at the school house once, to welcome the newly upgraded captains.  He congratulated them and talked about captain responsibilities. After he left, everyone busted out laughing because the chief pilot's fly was unzipped.

View Quote

I had catch a ride to a middle of a lake once to drive my Chief Pilot's boat back to the dock, and drive him home because he was so lit.

He's now senior widebody F/O at one of the two major cargo airlines.

Hiring was different, long ago.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I had catch a ride to a middle of a lake once to drive my Chief Pilot's boat back to the dock, and drive him home because he was so lit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything was different before it changed and I certainly don't feel as much like I do now as I did then. Gas was cheap and the stewardesses were single, cute, willing and able.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had no problem logging into it this afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they have slots for the job fair available? That's what crashed the site.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apologies.  I misunderstood.  I thought KingAirDriver meant the job application portion of PilotCredentials.  I wasn't checking for a spot at the SWA's jobfair.  I was filling out my app.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Apologies.  I misunderstood.  I thought KingAirDriver meant the job application portion of PilotCredentials.  I wasn't checking for a spot at the SWA's jobfair.  I was filling out my app.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, during the circus of trying to grab an event slot, the website was FUBAR'd all day long.  It was so bad on Day 1 that they started locking everyone out of their own profiles, so you couldn't sign in to even update your app.  I emailed them about it and they said it was due to server load.  Ya think?  

For most of the two days there was a chance at registration, they locked folks out of their accounts.  Ever since Day 2 completed it has been working fine.

ETA:  I spent 7 hours at my computer on Day 2 trying to register.  I finally saw that magical little link, clicked it, and saw a completely empty calendar inside, with no ability to do anything.  I backed out and tried again....aaaaaaaaaand it's gone.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I'd written the site, it would not have crashed over a job fair.

I went into a job interview wearing one of those Pilot t-shirts that's like a tuxedo t-shirt, but with a pilot's uniform and was hired on the spot after talking for about 10 minutes. Granted it was for a software development position and the company told me, point blank, that on the west coast companies won't even hire people if they show up in a suit.

If I were trying to get a job flying for somebody with the competitiveness and the expectations of the majors, I would be getting a suit tailored and make sure to look such the part that the person interviewing me would be imagining me showing up for the first day of work the moment I walked in. Speaking of thinking past the sale, I had an interview for a government position years ago. That interview went so well that when the female recruiter stepped out of the room, the guys interviewing me started talking about the strip clubs in Tampa.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah, during the circus of trying to grab an event slot, the website was FUBAR'd all day long.  It was so bad on Day 1 that they started locking everyone out of their own profiles, so you couldn't sign in to even update your app.  I emailed them about it and they said it was due to server load.  Ya think?    

For most of the two days there was a chance at registration, they locked folks out of their accounts.  Ever since Day 2 completed it has been working fine.

ETA:  I spent 7 hours at my computer on Day 2 trying to register.  I finally saw that magical little link, clicked it, and saw a completely empty calendar inside, with no ability to do anything.  I backed out and tried again....aaaaaaaaaand it's gone.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several buddies that had the same result, it's really a bummer that we didn't have a program written to avoid these problems. What I don't understand is why is the fair open to people that don't meet the mins. Nothing against those folks but it seemed a little misguided.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have several buddies that had the same result, it's really a bummer that we didn't have a program written to avoid these problems. What I don't understand is why is the fair open to people that don't meet the mins. Nothing against those folks but it seemed a little misguided.
View Quote

Oh, I have a guess why.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hiring low time guys?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Oh, I have a guess why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I have a guess why.

Maybe mil guys they are targeting that are almost there.  Not much flight time to be had.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Zika keeps spreading down here, I might come up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Maybe mil guys they are targeting that are almost there.  Not much flight time to be had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I have a guess why.

So we have to dip below the published minimums to hire highly qualified military pilots?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So we have to dip below the published minimums to hire highly qualified military pilots?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I have a guess why.

Not at all, but if you were to be targeting them and they were getting close I'd think you'd snatch them up before someone else did.  I have no idea if that is why, just a guess.  When I was getting out (at 14 years) I just barely had mins.  I was lucky to fly the entire time, even had some rag time (usually get more time there than the fleet).  There are others getting out earlier, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume many of those are below mins or almost at mins (still flying to get there).  Again, not saying to hire below mins, but get them in the hopper and when they break mins interview them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#32]
On APC now... sounds like SWA pilots might have a TA!!  

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
When I was getting out (at 14 years) I just barely had mins.
View Quote

Sounds sad.  I got nearly 1700 hours, in 9 years.  Probably could have had 2000 if I had really wanted, but I was just cruising my last two years.

Good luck to everyone in the job market!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

AIP currently, with the limited info published by SWAPA it looks decent.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Hiring low time guys?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hiring low time guys?

VFR 135 mins.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#36]
This is the third major hiring cycle that I have lived through.

The first was when I was a kid, the '63-'73 years. I have an old friend from NWA, hired in 1965 who had to wait till his 23rd birthday to upgrade to Captain and said being an F/O on the B727 was the worst nine months of his life.

The second one, in which I was hired during the peak of the wave, was from '82-'92 and. I was hired in Feb of 1987 at NWA myself. In late 1986: Delta and Northwest dropped their minimums to 1200 and 1000 hours respectively for 1500. They were competing for the six year military guys from the fighter community just getting to the end's of their commitments. I had 800 Army rotor and over 2000 civil fixed wing with more than half of that time multi-engine piston and Metroliner. Of course, the 20/20 vision and four year degree requirements were the norm.

The current uptick started about two years ago after several fit's and starts from 1999 through 2011 and will be slightly different for several reasons: Reason number one; the ages of pilots that the majors are hiring varies between 23-59, in cycle number two above, 40 was almost too old. Reason two; turnover rates are much more consistent today, at about five percent of the pilot groups annually. That alone will lead to over 1400-1800 new hires annually just to cove the age 65 retirements. Reason three: Student starts are way down compared to the previous overall population.

You cannot control the process you can only improve your resume and people skills.
Don't:
Beat your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse
Get full body tattoo's and piercings
Criminal or serious traffic charges
Drink and drive
Do drugs
Flunk checkrides
Be an asshole

Do:
Pay your bills on time
Live within your means
Be nice to everyone you meet
Give every employer 100%

And get off the dam internet web boards and get back to work!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is the third major hiring cycle that I have lived through.

The first was when I was a kid, the '63-'73 years. I have an old friend from NWA, hired in 1965 who had to wait till his 23rd birthday to upgrade to Captain and said being an F/O on the B727 was the worst nine months of his life.

The second one, in which I was hired during the peak of the wave, was from '82-'92 and. I was hired in Feb of 1987 at NWA myself. In late 1986: Delta and Northwest dropped their minimums to 1200 and 1000 hours respectively for 1500. They were competing for the six year military guys from the fighter community just getting to the end's of their commitments. I had 800 Army rotor and over 2000 civil fixed wing with more than half of that time multi-engine piston and Metroliner. Of course, the 20/20 vision and four year degree requirements were the norm.

The current uptick started about two years ago after several fit's and starts from 1999 through 2011 and will be slightly different for several reasons: Reason number one; the ages of pilots that the majors are hiring varies between 23-59, in cycle number two above, 40 was almost too old. Reason two; turnover rates are much more consistent today, at about five percent of the pilot groups annually. That alone will lead to over 1400-1800 new hires annually just to cove the age 65 retirements. Reason three: Student starts are way down compared to the previous overall population.

You cannot control the process you can only improve your resume and people skills.
Don't:
Drink and drive
Do drugs
Flunk checkrides
Be an asshole

Do:
Pay your bills on time
Live within your means
Give every employer 100%

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don't:
Drink and drive
Do drugs
Flunk checkrides
Be an asshole

Do:
Pay your bills on time
Live within your means
Give every employer 100%

View Quote

Damn good advice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Like IT, the answer lies in H1B visa pilots.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the end state. Cabotage one way or the other.

Because there isn't a real shortage.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't know if I should be amused or incensed...

FAA mulls experience change

I'm sure ALPA is doing whatever ducks the junior guy...
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The issues there is different from your typical potential hi-tech employee coming out of state subsidized universities overseas. They can afford to take lower paying jobs here after getting a free education. In the flying business, the cost of entry is equal to that of a medical doctor, but the initial pay is a fraction of the doctors pay. Unlike medical schools, which are very hard to get into, flying lessons are easy to get anywhere in the US. Medical students almost never flunk out, they just get recycled till they meet the minimum standards and can pass their boards.

We have a shortage of employable pilots worldwide, despite what some may say, numbers don't lie. If you have a bad attitude, terrible background, are fat or ugly, and cannot really fly despite having the minimums, you are not going to go to any major airline in the USA, period.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never heard of a .mil guy having trouble getting 1500 hours by the time his commitment was up.  What I've seen as the problem is that they have to jump through hoops spending ~$3K to get an ATP in some Duchess to prove they can fly for the airlines even though all their time has been in a military multi engine jet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
Is that you Bruce?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've never heard of a .mil guy having trouble getting 1500 hours by the time his commitment was up.  What I've seen as the problem is that they have to jump through hoops spending ~$3K to get an ATP in some Duchess to prove they can fly for the airlines even though all their time has been in a military multi engine jet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I finished with just a bit more than. 1600 hours with 14 years of service.  I was very lucky and was able to have all flying gigs.  There are many more than you think with less than 1500 and their obligation up.  I'd have to look at where I was when mine was up, but I am sure I was shy.  The average fighter or attack pilot in the Marine Corps is lucky if he gets more than. 100 hours per year.  Then if he/she follows the golden path to being promoted (FAC tour and resident EWS) they will be out of the cockpit for at least a year if not several during their initial commitment
 Follow that with some bad timing and they could find themselves closer to 750 than 1500.  Some realize early that they will be leaving and getting mins will be difficult doing what the Marine Corps wants and go to the training command, almost certainly giving up the chance for command and even promotion (I know some who have got command from this route, but I also know of one year no one was promoted who went that route).  Times are tough, jets are old, money is drying up, and flight time is getting scarce.  Also, many will get to 750 and do the regionals to build time or get current (after having none flying tours).  There is a thread on APC about this and it seems that many people don't realize that there are many not making it to 1500 on their initial commitment.  I am not by any means suggesting that the mins are lowered, just providing information.  It happens far more often than I think folks realize.  I am not sure about the AF and Navy but I suspect they are similar.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I finished with just a bit more than. 1600 hours with 14 years of service.  I was very lucky and was able to have all flying gigs.  There are many more than you think with less than 1500 and their obligation up.  I'd have to look at where I was when mine was up, but I am sure I was shy.  The average fighter or attack pilot in the Marine Corps is lucky if he gets more than. 100 hours per year.  Then if he/she follows the golden path to being promoted (FAC tour and resident EWS) they will be out of the cockpit for at least a year if not several during their initial commitment
 Follow that with some bad timing and they could find themselves closer to 750 than 1500.  Some realize early that they will be leaving and getting mins will be difficult doing what the Marine Corps wants and go to the training command, almost certainly giving up the chance for command and even promotion (I know some who have got command from this route, but I also know of one year no one was promoted who went that route).  Times are tough, jets are old, money is drying up, and flight time is getting scarce.  Also, many will get to 750 and do the regionals to build time or get current (after having none flying tours).  There is a thread on APC about this and it seems that many people don't realize that there are many not making it to 1500 on their initial commitment.  I am not by any means suggesting that the mins are lowered, just providing information.  It happens far more often than I think folks realize.  I am not sure about the AF and Navy but I suspect they are similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say the MC has the worst of it.  But still, you'll get 1000 hours doing a T-6B tour in the training command (even though it's only single engine turboprop).
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a reason that every airline accepts commercial pilot licenses, and it's not for your average .civ guy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'd say the MC has the worst of it.  But still, you'll get 1000 hours doing a T-6B tour in the training command (even though it's only single engine turboprop).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is if you jump off the traditional track.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#49]
i looked today, I was at 1350 hours when my commitment was up.  That included two deployments and I had been a RAG instructor for 1.5 years by then.  Again, all tours were flying.  I was a fortunate one who was lucky enough to get some quals and keep flying.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#50]
There is nothing stopping a military guy with less than 1500 from going to Alaska and flying the bush for a year.  Or towing banners, or flying the ditch.  It's not hard to find an non 121 job now. There is a pilot shortage afterall.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top