Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2016 5:10:56 PM EDT
Not that kind of solo though. I was signed off by the instructor at the local RC field. I`m thrilled since I`m neck deep in a very expensive Ziroli P-51 build that I had zero idea how to fly.

In other news,,, I have a tad over 3000 hours and an instrument ticket. This RC stuff has bitten me badly. Although I don`t fly anymore we travel a LOT in retirement and having something to buzz the kids at the RV campgrounds will be a gas!
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Not that kind of solo though. I was signed off by the instructor at the local RC field. I`m thrilled since I`m neck deep in a very expensive Ziroli P-51 build that I had zero idea how to fly.

In other news,,, I have a tad over 3000 hours and an instrument ticket. This RC stuff has bitten me badly. Although I don`t fly anymore we travel a LOT in retirement and having something to buzz the kids at the RV campgrounds will be a gas!
View Quote

Need to see pictures of that.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have plenty that I have taken along the way. Getting pics up here is not easy. Satellite internet is the real deal....lol

rcscalebuilder.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23900&PN=2
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have plenty that I have taken along the way. Getting pics up here is not easy. Satellite internet is the real deal....lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Registered members only off to google.

Even though its a big state,what RC field were you at?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Practice with that trainer a lot before trying to fly that Mustang.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nacogdoches Tx.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nacogdoches Tx.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will! I have a big foamie mustang to master before I try the one I`m building. Plans,,,I have them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I will! I have a big foamie mustang to master before I try the one I`m building. Plans,,,I have them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good deal, take your time.
No need to rush into creating spare parts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it'd be better to think of that nice Ziroli as your 3rd airplane.

Better to plan on a couple of baggers before you have the confidence to
risk that one; but fly the foamies until they're all hot glue and scuffs!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

E-Apprentice>Foamie P-51>ZIROLI P-51 with a VERY experienced guy to help me maiden the build.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

E-Apprentice>Foamie P-51>ZIROLI P-51 with a VERY experienced guy to help me maiden the build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a sound plan.  Appears that you're being guided by experience.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Good for you ! Been flying R/C for 30 years, full scale for 20..once you get balsa dust in your blood..you never get it out.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I just moved a crap ton of models across country.  Now I cannot freak wait to fly some of the slopes around here.  

I have been flying r/c for 30 years now.  Learn to fly sailplanes, it will really make you a better pilot.  Second hardest thing to fly after helicopters.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top