Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 2:21:51 PM EDT
I posted a thread on this in the general discussion forum awhile back.   Figured I might want to post it on here to see if anyone had any other info. I collect military inert ordinance, with a focus on rocket/muscle related items.  I'd like to find out more about this item if anyone has any info or leads.   Here is a copy of two pictures I have as well as a link to the original general discussion thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1526019_.html

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe LANTIRN pod ?

Maybe refers to A-7F canceled testing?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I know it's basically an IRST, probably the same vintage as the Pave Penny system.  I was wondering if there is anyone at Hughes or in the military at the time that was familiar with this project
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know it's basically an IRST, probably the same vintage as the Pave Penny system.  I was wondering if there is anyone at Hughes or in the military at the time that was familiar with this project
View Quote

A-7D?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiB18enya_MAhWLkYMKHYkqA7oQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cybermodeler.com%2Faircraft%2Fa-7%2Fa-7d_gallery1.shtml&bvm=bv.120551593,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNEgrlK5o93U2QqUvg7W6J07r0JKFQ&ust=1461872402986889
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a "digital electronic eye TR".

The TR is short for transformer rectumfinder. It is powered by spurious positive and negative AC/DC queertrons.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
All of my manuals are missing the politically correct revisions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]
XYZ unicom, how do you read?

We read your proud and queer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The other spurious trons that create confusion in aircraft circuits are the small "H.O." scale/gauge motrons that were originally developed to power model trains.

As the little motrons were adapted to aircraft circuits and subsequently became more confused as to whether they were basically A/C or D/C electrical engineers started referring to them as homotrons and they bear many of the same characteristics in regards to difference of potential as the aforementioned queertrons.

In color coded wiring diagrams the queertrons are most often found in the brown and yellow wires, while the homotrons are usually most likely to be found in the multi-colored rainbow wires. Outside of the aircraft industry the rainbow colored wires are most often found in kitchen appliances dedicated to the preparation of quiche and illuminating flower arrangements at florist shops.  

An oscilloscope is required to determine the presence of single, dual or triple phase characteristics in both types of these trons due to the propensity for them to change their appearance and behavior based on the mood de jour.

Often circuit instability can be rectumfied by installing a trannyformer. The trannyformer functions on the atomic level by removing the ground wire and two dangling gonad particles from an unstable homotron and converting it to queertron in appearance and function to a certain degree. An experienced oscilloscope operator rarely has much difficulty in recognizing a trannyformed homotron. The absence of the dangling gonad particles never really changes the basic sine wave of the confused tron.

Conversely there is a reverse process known as "Junk Circuit Regeneration". This involves inserting a rather large black ground wire containing a vibratory circuit above two high volume rapid discharge capacitors cleverly concealed in a recycled Crown Royal 1/2 pint blue velvet sack.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The other spurious trons that create confusion in aircraft circuits are the small "H.O." scale/gauge motrons that were originally developed to power model trains.

As the little motrons were adapted to aircraft circuits and subsequently became more confused as to whether they were basically A/C or D/C electrical engineers started referring to them as homotrons and they bear many of the same characteristics in regards to difference of potential as the aforementioned queertrons.

In color coded wiring diagrams the queertrons are most often found in the brown and yellow wires, while the homotrons are usually most likely to be found in the multi-colored rainbow wires. Outside of the aircraft industry the rainbow colored wires are most often found in kitchen appliances dedicated to the preparation of quiche and illuminating flower arrangements at florist shops.  

An oscilloscope is required to determine the presence of single, dual or triple phase characteristics in both types of these trons due to the propensity for them to change their appearance and behavior based on the mood de jour.

Often circuit instability can be rectumfied by installing a trannyformer. The trannyformer functions on the atomic level by removing the ground wire and two dangling gonad particles from an unstable homotron and converting it to queertron in appearance and function to a certain degree. An experienced oscilloscope operator rarely has much difficulty in recognizing a trannyformed homotron. The absence of the dangling gonad particles never really changes the basic sine wave of the confused tron.

Conversely there is a reverse process known as "Junk Circuit Regeneration". This involves inserting a rather large black ground wire containing a vibratory circuit above two high volume rapid discharge capacitors cleverly concealed in a recycled Crown Royal 1/2 pint blue velvet sack.
View Quote

I remember reading about that.

Didn't they effectively eliminate side-fumbling of the queertrons by use of alternately charged grammeters fed through hydro-coptic marzel veins?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#10]
You are correct. The latex encased engorged blue hydro-coptic marzel veins stabilized the circuit by enlarging the outflow flux capacitor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top