Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 7:14:01 AM EDT
What iPad mounts are everybody using and love?  I love using my iPad and Foreflight, but before I end up with a collection of iPad mounts that rivals my holster collection, I wanted to see what others are using and what they like and dislike about them.  I'm interested in both a suction cup mount and a yoke mount.  Not sure I want a knee board mount, but if you use one and like it please let me know.  Thanks for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a RAM yolk mount with an iPad Mini.   I mainly use this iPad for IFR plates but occasionally will have it on map view for en route SA with WX.

I also use a full sized IPad Air on a knee board.  This one is used for flight planning, as a scratchpad for copying detailed ATC instructions, en route SA, WX, etc.  

Both of them have ForeFlight coupled to a Stratus.   You certainly don't need 2 iPads but I like the redundancy and the Mini is great on the yolk with IFR plate loaded up.  Also with ForeFlight Pro the moving airplane helps you keep up with your position on the plate as you are starting your approach.  This is NOT to be used as primary navigation for an approach (I use my plane's GPS/ILS/VORs  for that) but the added SA is nice to have.  On my IFR Checkride the examiner commented that she really liked my setup with the dual iPads.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#2]
We use this one.  It works very well.  We have a lot of room in the cockpit so it may not be a good fit for everyone.

link
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My company provides us with a RAM mount with the suction cups in the airplane for our ipads. When I was flying Cessnas I was fine with just letting it rest on my lap. The RAM mount works fine though and accommodates most ipad cases. The big thing to worry about is how much room it takes up on the windshield or panel. In a smaller airplane it can be hard to mount these things without obstructing any instruments or your view outside.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Pivot case.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My company provides us with a RAM mount with the suction cups in the airplane for our ipads. When I was flying Cessnas I was fine with just letting it rest on my lap. The RAM mount works fine though and accommodates most ipad cases. The big thing to worry about is how much room it takes up on the windshield or panel. In a smaller airplane it can be hard to mount these things without obstructing any instruments or your view outside.
View Quote

What aircraft are you flying?

I'm going to try to get my company to let us use a suction mount on the bottom
corner of the wind screen on our Citation.

We use knee pads now and they suck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
We use the RAM mounts with suction cup as well. Seem to work well. I'm on 757's/767's.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought the RAM Mount with the yoke and suction cup.  The suction cup with a full size iPad is just to big on a 172 or Arrow.  I'll be buying a mini soon for the yoke mount.  Nothing wrong with the kneeboard, I'm just not a huge fan of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top