Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 10:28:51 AM EDT
Hey guys. I am currently an assistant chief pilot for a large 141 school in Georgia and am ready to move to something besides instruction.

What are some good options for me to look at? Im really open to anything at this point. Below is a list of my experience so far.

Total Time: 2700hrs
Multi: 640hrs
Single: 2060hrs
Multi Turbine PIC: 170 (King Air 90)
Instrument: 180hrs

ATP Multi Land and Commercial SE Land
CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI
121 Dispatcher

Any help or guidance would be great. :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#1]
"Open to anything" I can understand, but what's your ultimate goal?  91, 135, 121?  Where would you like to hang your hat for the rest of your career?  Willing to move?  

I know the local base manager for a 91K operation that is DYING for a pilot right now.  He may be looking for a Phenom PIC, but it may be a King Air PIC...not sure which.  If Phenom you probably wouldn't qualify yet (but who knows), but looks like you might be a good King Air fit.

ETA:  PM if you wish.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You're very hireable. I got a Lear gig with less time.

Get on cl350 and start applying.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're very hireable. I got a Lear gig with less time.

Get on cl350 and start applying.
View Quote
Yes, and also join ProPilotWorld.com.  Lots of good people there and networking opportunities!  Folks will post jobs there exclusively a lot of the time.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"Open to anything" I can understand, but what's your ultimate goal?  91, 135, 121?  Where would you like to hang your hat for the rest of your career?  Willing to move?  

I know the local base manager for a 91K operation that is DYING for a pilot right now.  He may be looking for a Phenom PIC, but it may be a King Air PIC...not sure which.  If Phenom you probably wouldn't qualify yet (but who knows), but looks like you might be a good King Air fit.

View Quote

You talking about E.H.?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You talking about E.H.?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You talking about E.H.?
Nope, though we are also good friends, as you know!  EH runs the Managed side, this other guy is over the Fractional stuff.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
It really matters where you want to end up in the long run.  Delta in several years?  Corporate flight department?

121 time never hurts when applying for the airlines.  (unless you have too much 121 time, but that's another thread)

I had a job lined up in Alaska but went to a regional back in 2000.  In some ways I regret not spending a year or two flying around up there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
GA jet and Medway air ambulance at KLZU are both hiring.  Both have king airs and lears.  You will fly your butt off but build quality time and experience.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions guys. I just applied to SkyWest. I think they will be a good fit for me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I really hope they give me an interview. I need something new in my life. I figure 121 time will allow me to build quality time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
A wise man once told me, "When you come to the fork in the road.....take it"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top