Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:11:26 PM EDT
Posted this in GD but figured I'd cut and paste it here.

Any retired .mil or separated .mil pilots or any one retiring/separating soon. GS12 sim IP jobs are wide open now. Easiest 80K you will ever make. Airlines are hiring big time and stealing some IPs and prospective sim IPs away.... but you actually have to work, and drive a damn bus if airline. Hell, i was hired by United when i retired but had been doing this job for a month when i got the call. Turned them down. I like living at home!!!!!!!

Step promotions every year, and we are probably going to convert back to contract with the new administration (well if hildebeast wins...who knows) That was a good deal.

I have some contact info if you are interested. Probably 5-10 jobs here at ENJJPT and more at other UPT bases. Basically if you have instructor time in a .mil jet you are qualified.

T-6 Texan and T/AT-38C for fighter types
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Columbus or Wichita Falls?  I have a friend who may be interested.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Columbus or Wichita Falls?  I have a friend who may be interested.
View Quote
Pretty much his choice, Wichita falls is pretty desirable but we met with the new wing CC today, he is freaking out.....We probably have 6-9 jobs coming open.  

Del Rio Tx, Enid OK and Columbus are really hurting bad!  Randolph in San Antonio is the only place full up being San Antonio and all.

I think the GS system requires 500 IP hours in any airplane, including CFI in Cessnas.....  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Sheppard?  Full time?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sheppard?  Full time?
View Quote
Yep.....a whopping 40 hours on base but maybe 30 actually instructing UPT students per week.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yep.....a whopping 40 hours on base but maybe 30 actually instructing UPT students per week.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheppard?  Full time?
Or Del Rio Tx, or Enid OK or Columbus AFB in Mississippi

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Not really looking for a full time job.  Hell, I'm not really looking for any job.

I'll ask around, though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not really looking for a full time job.  Hell, I'm not really looking for any job.

I'll ask around, though.
View Quote
Thanks, its really a great job, especially on top of a full .mil retirement.  No BS queep or meetings.  Just teaching young fighter pilots the basics.

Hell, no fighter time is fine also but desired here for AT-38C here at ENJJPT.  T-6s not required at all, just 500 hrs IP time in any airplane to include CFI in puddle jumpers
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
My buddy has already been an IP in the Sims at CAFB. He probably already knows.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My buddy has already been an IP in the Sims at CAFB. He probably already knows.
View Quote
Then he'd be pretty much hired here.  WF aint too bad, the DoubleTap ranch is 8 miles away.  Private range and home to the 2nd largest USPSA pistol match.  14 bays and only 10 bucks a month to join.  one USPSA pistol match, one IDPA match and a 3 gun match per month.  Keys to the gate and everything.

Not me shooting, just one of our fat out of shape Dallas shooters who shoot up here regularly.  One of our GMs

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Too bad they won't take me.

Talked to him last night. He's on his was back to Astan flying PC12s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top