Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2015 12:25:31 PM EDT

Really stupid part in bold.

June 23, 2015
Dear Senator:
On behalf of the 52,000 pilots at 31 passenger and cargo airlines represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), I want
to make you aware of ALPA’s opposition to S.Amdt.2267, filed by Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) to H.R. 22. ALPA disagrees with the
process and is fundamentally opposed to the dangerous policy shift proposed in the Manchin amendment. We do not believe a complex issue
such as this should be attached to a surface transportation bill—especially in a year when both chambers must take up an FAA reauthorization
bill that deals directly with issues such as this.
The amendment is a modified version of S. 571, the Pilot’s Bill of Rights 2. Specifically, ALPA has grave concerns with how this amendment
addresses the 3rd class medical requirement for general aviation pilots.
This legislation has the potential to allow medically unfit pilots unfettered access to the national airspace at altitudes up to 18,000 feet, which
also includes commercial airline traffic carrying passengers and cargo.
The amendment would eliminate the requirement that these pilots see
an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) at regular intervals for mental and physical evaluation in order to show medical fitness to operate an
aircraft. It also reduces the number of medical conditions that could disqualify a pilot from receiving a medical certificate and relies on the
pilot to self-report when a disqualifying condition is identified. Even if a pilot develops and discloses a serious medical condition that creates
risk in the national airspace, the amendment could prevent the FAA from ensuring that the pilot seek treatment.
ALPA has engaged with stakeholders to address concerns about medical evaluation processes for pilots who hold a 3rd class medical and
intends to continue collaboration to ensure aviation safety for all pilots and passengers; however, we cannot allow bad policy to be forced
through on an unrelated bill. A common-sense solution is within reach, but the amendment as written introduces a level of risk within the
national airspace, which we cannot support.
We urge you to vote no on the Manchin amendment.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

June 23, 2015
Dear Senator:
On behalf of the 52,000 pilots at 31 passenger and cargo airlines represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), I want
to make you aware of ALPA’s opposition to S.Amdt.2267, filed by Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) to H.R. 22. ALPA disagrees with the
process and is fundamentally opposed to the dangerous policy shift proposed in the Manchin amendment. We do not believe a complex issue
such as this should be attached to a surface transportation bill—especially in a year when both chambers must take up an FAA reauthorization
The amendment is a modified version of S. 571, the Pilot’s Bill of Rights 2. Specifically, ALPA has grave concerns with how this amendment
This legislation has the potential to allow medically unfit pilots unfettered access to the national airspace at altitudes up to 18,000 feet, which
an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) at regular intervals for mental and physical evaluation in order to show medical fitness to operate an
aircraft. It also reduces the number of medical conditions that could disqualify a pilot from receiving a medical certificate and relies on the
pilot to self-report when a disqualifying condition is identified. Even if a pilot develops and discloses a serious medical condition that creates
risk in the national airspace, the amendment could prevent the FAA from ensuring that the pilot seek treatment.
ALPA has engaged with stakeholders to address concerns about medical evaluation processes for pilots who hold a 3rd class medical and
intends to continue collaboration to ensure aviation safety for all pilots and passengers; however, we cannot allow bad policy to be forced
through on an unrelated bill. A common-sense solution is within reach, but the amendment as written introduces a level of risk within the
View Quote

Wow.  That's a weak and bizarre objection, especially in bold.   Probably actually worried the newly "idle hands" of the FAA medical division will start hammering 1st & 2nd class medicals - psych screening, sleep apnea, BMI, and on and on...  Glad to see they are using the "common-sense solution" bromide .  
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
ALPA being ALPA.

I once worked for a small transportation company in Dallas that has since become quite large. I remember back in the late 70's when we attempted to talk to them about possibly joining. They would not talk to us.

Not too much later when we became a major player they contacted us wanting us to join. In a professional kind of way we suggested that they perform numerous painful unnatural sexual acts upon "their-ownselves".

Pompous pricks should just STFU and mind their own business. They would be happy if everything went to user fees and General Aviation was shutdown.

FALPA  FALPA   FALPA  FALPA  FALPA  FALPA  &  FALPA SOME MORE
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Unions...

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've already said it once, but I cannot contain myself. I wish to express my strongest contempt for ALPA and wish the maximum amount of rectal itching and uncontrollable flatulence befall them for wanting to interfere with general aviation.

I am going to try to look up "Miss Rudolph the VooDoo Lady" and get her to put a painful mojo on their collective asses.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am going to try to look up "Miss Rudolph the VooDoo Lady" and get her to put a painful mojo on their collective asses.
View Quote

You better start looking for a goose or a turkey.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have seen the tatoo on her titty and the 3 legged monkey.
That monkey don't give her any shit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
AOPA has been working hard to get this passed.  I guess they forgot to send a check to the union bosses.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Reminds me of Robert Crandell, American Airlines ex president. He wanted those little planes out of the
ATC system. He said those slow little planes held up his airliners with 150 people on board.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm so sick and f**king tired of ALPA. I'd give my left but to see them decertified. This is a perfect example of why I would never consider donating one damn penny to the PAC. Shit like this and them supporting politicians I work hard to keep out of office. I love my profession and will always hope for the best for it. But I like my freedoms as an American more. I started part 91 and, after mandatory retirement, will return to part 91. ALPA can piss up a flag pole.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#11]
These are the same fuckheads that block increases in first year regional pay because as one ALPA rep told me: "We paid our dues, you should too."

Being able to eat and pay rent just isn't their concern.

FUCK ALPA.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#12]
In other words, "We get f'd every six months, so the rest of you can get f'd every two or three years."
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is the text of the letter I sent to both US Senator's from Iowa, (referencing the specific bill and filing):

"Please support this amendment removing the FAA 3rd Class medical requirement within the Pilots Bill of Rights. As a now retired member of the Airline Pilots Association and a member of its safety/security committee structure for most of my Airline Pilot career, I see no evidence that this change will reduce flight safety in any way.

Best regards/Captain Dave Funk
Northwest Airlines (Ret.)"

I raise money for both of them each cycle and am pretty active politically here in Iowa. When a Senator get's 100 contacts on a subject from voters, it throws their office into panic mode. Make sure your email or fax your senators through their websites.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

June 23, 2015
Dear Senator:
View Quote

It has not been the LSA issue that Fuds clamped it would be.  I don't see the issue here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Fact: ALPA has done more for aviation safety than SWAPA.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I will DNIF all you bitches.
View Quote

Does that mean I would get paid for NOT flying?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ply the flight doc with whiskey and Thai hookers and you won't have to worry.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I find out. Am I like the last guy to get this memo?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last AME almost missed the fact I was wearing contacts until I read the wrong line and he came and pried my eyelids open accusing me of cheating
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top