Site Notices
Tacked ADS-B (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 6/12/2015 6:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ske714]
Just curious....

There is quite a lot of GA traffic around here, and I'm surprised by how much of it my receiver shows.  Lots of people have chosen not to wait.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ske714:
Just curious....

There is quite a lot of GA traffic around here, and I'm surprised by how much of it my receiver shows.  Lots of people have chosen not to wait.
View Quote

I fly with a Stratus2/ForeFlight combination.  Obviously my traffic picture is not nearly complete, but in the Chicago metro area I also get TIS traffic on the G1000 which is helpful.  

I'm hoping our club drops the XM radio/weather subscription and ponies up for a GDL-88 to provide ADS-B in/out on the G1000.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Status 2 and ForeFlight also.  Looking around for an Out solution, currently thinking about the KT74.  Current transponder is a 76A, so it's a slide in replacement.  Just need to have the GNS430W hooked up to give position to the transponder.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I am planning on getting a Stratus 2 now that it is supposed to work with FlyQ.   I was really excited about the Aero Glass, which is the integration of Google Glass with ADS-B, but that has been hobbled a little by the decision not to market Google Glass to the public.

I would use ADS-B primarily for weather.  I was one of the few pilots to have free weather a decade ago, using my Palm Pilot, the PalmNet and Cheap Bastards Aviation software.  I miss that, it was all I needed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless the FAA backs off on their position, Jan 2020 will be the last time I fly my airplane.  I just can't justify the five or six thousand it's going to cost, for a day VFR only airplane, that's only worth $15K or so.    I think there are many, many GA airplanes that will never fly again with their current owners when this goes into effect.  And frankly, I don't see any benefit for most light aircraft, unless you are flying IFR in busy airspace.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't see any justification to buy that stuff now. FAA hasn't figured out the whole mode S yet, they been trying to figure out rulings on that one since 1997. Why buy now when if it takes almost 20 years for the rule making to be decided the technology will be out of date while trying to be ahead of the game.
I know of a loc avionics shop that acts like it's req tomorrow and that might be why so many are out there folks getting directed around w misinformation.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
All our birds are ADS-B, ADS-C, CPDLC, etc. compliant..........
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:22:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARMED-PILOT] [#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CFII:

I thought there was a company out there advertising something like a $1300 system that is FAA compliant.
View Quote
Free flight systems. Not sure on the price.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ARMED-PILOT:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARMED-PILOT:
Originally Posted By CFII:
I thought there was a company out there advertising something like a $1300 system that is FAA compliant.

Skyguard is working on certification of several models, starting at $1075.

http://adsb.skyguardtwx.com/uat-transceivers/
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Were I an a/c owner I'd be waiting until the last minute for a portable/cheaper solution. They're starting to surface now that demand is up with the deadline approaching.

Ain't free markets wonderful?
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered a Stratus 2 receiver.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By minion42:
Were I an a/c owner I'd be waiting until the last minute for a portable/cheaper solution. They're starting to surface now that demand is up with the deadline approaching.

Ain't free markets wonderful?
View Quote

It doesn't hurt that sales will be driven by federal mandate, which mitigates some of the risk to suppliers.

As for waiting until the last minute, that makes sense to a point.  More products will come on the market, so competition will play a bigger role, but will there be a spike in prices as the deadline nears?

Another point to consider is that ADS-B it is actually very nice to have right now.  As I said before, there is quite a lot of GA traffic in my AO.  A number of years ago, I turned on the news to see the 172 in which I had over half my flying time sticking out of a smoking hole in someone's front yard.  It was a club plane, and had been departing the pattern when it collided with an inbound Piper, killing 3 people.  That prompted me to invest in a Zaon PCAS receiver.  I lost count of how many times I've had traffic within a mile of me at my altitude that I never saw, even after being alerted.  See and avoid is great, but the pilot of our Cessna and the Piper were actually talking to each other when they collided.  My ADS-B receiver cost $650, and is one of the best birthday presents I ever got.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Waiting for the gov. supply chain to catch up, at work.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#14]
the maddening thing to me is that FAA lets experimental craft install affordable solutions while GA craft that are flying at same weight and same speed to same airports have to use solutions that cost twice as much or more installed. I'm waiting at least another year or two to see how this pans out. I am hoping that the FAA comes to their senses and backs off on their rules and allows GA craft to use same setups as experimental guys. If that doesn't happen... well I guess I will just see what option is cheapest and go with that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By oldrock:
the maddening thing to me is that FAA lets experimental craft install affordable solutions while GA craft that are flying at same weight and same speed to same airports have to use solutions that cost twice as much or more installed. I'm waiting at least another year or two to see how this pans out. I am hoping that the FAA comes to their senses and backs off on their rules and allows GA craft to use same setups as experimental guys. If that doesn't happen... well I guess I will just see what option is cheapest and go with that.
View Quote

I don't see the FAA allowing the uncertified equipment in experimental planes getting approval for use in certificated aircraft.  
It would be nice if they set ruling like the 135 mode S requirements with exemption to operators still using mode C can continue until the installed unit is no longer repairable and then they have to upgrade to mode S.
That was an easier way of implementing a requirement but there is still confusion in the fsdo's on interpretation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:

I don't see the FAA allowing the uncertified equipment in experimental planes getting approval for use in certificated aircraft.  
It would be nice if they set ruling like the 135 mode S requirements with exemption to operators still using mode C can continue until the installed unit is no longer repairable and then they have to upgrade to mode S.
That was an easier way of implementing a requirement but there is still confusion in the fsdo's on interpretation.
View All Quotes

Will the uncertified equipment not have airspace restriction?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I saw an FAA propaganda pdf the other day about the ads-b that says the uncertified ads-b equipment will have airspace restrictions,  but when it all plays out who know what it will actually be in 2020.
Hell it might be their long winded way of getting rid of mode C cause those aren't compatible w this.
If you like your transponder you can keep it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#18]
ADS-B is a hot topic for me, I'm an a&p and doing a lot of work and installs right now.  It will be here in 2020, those who keep saying the FAA is gonna push it back will be upset when that time rolls around and it doesn't happen. It's more than just the FAA pushing this, EASA (Europe) is doing the same.  A lot of companies are not going to be able to cover the demand that is about to come because so many people want to wait till the last minute. On top of that you have to take into account the down time and how long an install is going to take and the backups in maintenance shops.  it's honestly more than just sliding out a box and sliding in a new one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jbenevides89:
ADS-B is a hot topic for me, I'm an a&p and doing a lot of work and installs right now.  It will be here in 2020, those who keep saying the FAA is gonna push it back will be upset when that time rolls around and it doesn't happen. It's more than just the FAA pushing this, EASA (Europe) is doing the same.  A lot of companies are not going to be able to cover the demand that is about to come because so many people want to wait till the last minute. On top of that you have to take into account the down time and how long an install is going to take and the backups in maintenance shops.  it's honestly more than just sliding out a box and sliding in a new one.
View Quote

As an a&p doing installs I am sure it is a hot topic for you. New equipment req. = income.
As an IA with 4 aircraft on our certificate and our own maintenance shop, quit crushing my hopes. Your last 2 sentences is one of my problems. The other is who pays for the equipment and training the FAA needs to implement this horse shit and then who has to pay for the equipment to go in the planes?
If the DoT mandated hybrid vehicles only on America's highway system - comply or park your shit. More people would be more pissed than most aircraft owners and operators are right now, unless of course they were already looking to do an upgrade because of failed eqipment.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]

As an a&p doing installs I am sure it is a hot topic for you. New equipment req. = income.
As an IA with 4 aircraft on our certificate and our own maintenance shop, quit crushing my hopes. Your last 2 sentences is one of my problems. The other is who pays for the equipment and training the FAA needs to implement this horse shit and then who has to pay for the equipment to go in the planes?
If the DoT mandated hybrid vehicles only on America's highway system - comply or park your shit. More people would be more pissed than most aircraft owners and operators are right now, unless of course they were already looking to do an upgrade because of failed eqipment.

View All Quotes

As much as it sucks, is there any other way to handle it?  At some point, there has to be a deadline to comply.  The technology is here, and the rest of the world is moving to it.

The FAA has already spent their money, and they are now supporting two technologies.  Their costs go down 2020.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:36:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#21]

As much as it sucks, is there any other way to handle it?  At some point, there has to be a deadline to comply.  The technology is here, and the rest of the world is moving to it.

The FAA has already spent their money, and they are now supporting two technologies.  Their costs go down 2020.
View All Quotes

Not as ready as many think. Built less monitor stations than they said they would by almost 40% and still cost over runs in the millions with gaps in the coverage areas.
Here is an audit from last summer.
On my potato,  trying again
Eta: this works, ads-b audit pdf
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CDgQFjAIahUKEwjWvPyWoKnGAhVLjA0KHe84AMw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oig.dot.gov%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FFAA%2520ADS-B%2520Program%2520Audit%2520Report%255E9-11-14.pdf&ei=Bh6LVdYhy5g27_GA4Aw&usg=AFQjCNGeY6BfdFQ3RTYPZOZud2kzR9PC2w
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:13:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ske714] [#22]

Not as ready as many think. Built less monitor stations than they said they would by almost 40% and still cost over runs in the millions with gaps in the coverage areas.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CDgQFjAIahUKEwjWvPyWoKnGAhVLjA0KHe84AMw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oig.dot.gov%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FFAA%2520ADS-B%2520Program%2520Audit%2520Report%255E9-11-14.pdf&ei=Bh6LVdYhy5g27_GA4Aw&usg=AFQjCNGeY6BfdFQ3RTYPZOZud2kzR9PC2w
View All Quotes

Still, I believe all that I said is true.  You can't wish it away.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Right after I bought mine.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By hauslp:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hauslp:

The story of my life.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 4:50:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cda97] [#26]
ADS-B reminds of the mid 90's when I was an avionics installer for GA aircraft and I was busy installing blind encoders for Mode C

For those who want to know what ADS-B entails:

ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) is the more precise, satellite-based successor to radar.  ADS-B uses the transponder to broadcast navigation and other flight data.  Unlike radar which degrades with range, atmospheric conditions, target altitude, and rotational speed of mechanical antennas, ADS-B information accuracy doesn't deteriorate.  ADS-B OUT uses GPS technology to determine an aircraft's location, airspeed and other data, and broadcasts that information to a network of ground stations, which relays the data to air traffic control displays and to nearby aircraft equipped to receive the data via ADS-B IN.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#27]
FAA Monitoring ADS-B Out Equipment Problems

http://pilot-protection-services.aopa.org/News/2016/February/FAA-Monitoring?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=PPS&utm_content=Allen&utm_campaign=Content

If Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Out equipment is already installed in your aircraft but isn’t functioning properly, you may receive some unwanted attention from the FAA.

Once ADS-B Out equipment is installed, it must be operational and broadcast the required information at all times.  While FAR 91.225 provides that aircraft must have ADS-B out equipment installed to operate in designated airspace “after January 1, 2020,” the regulation also affects present-day operations by requiring that “each person operating an aircraft equipped with ADS-B Out must operate this equipment in the transmit mode at all times.”        

The FAA’s ADS-B Compliance Monitoring System is already operational and is capable of detecting each flight of an aircraft with ADS-B Out equipment that is failing to broadcast the information required by FAR 91.227.  The information required by the FAR includes 19 different indications such as the aircraft's latitude and longitude, barometric pressure altitude, and transponder identification code.

The AOPA Legal Services Plan is aware of several cases in which aircraft owners have received a “Letter of Finding” from the FAA’s Avionics Branch in Washington, DC, notifying the owner of the date of the flight in question and the nature of the ADS-B Out equipment’s deficiency.  The letter also provides a point of contact to call within 30 days to discuss a plan of corrective action.  As with any potential FAR violation, aircraft owners and pilots are advised to contact an attorney prior to discussing the matter with anyone.

How can you confirm that your ADS-B equipment is functioning properly?  According to the FAA’s website, you can send an email to the agency at  [email protected] with your aircraft’s registration number and request an ADS-B Out equipment check.  However, consult with your attorney or the AOPA Legal Services Plan before you do so, as both the aircraft owner and the pilot of the aircraft could be liable for any regulatory violations discovered.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#28]

FAA Monitoring ADS-B Out Equipment Problems

http://pilot-protection-services.aopa.org/News/2016/February/FAA-Monitoring?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=PPS&utm_content=Allen&utm_campaign=Content

If Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Out equipment is already installed in your aircraft but isn’t functioning properly, you may receive some unwanted attention from the FAA.

Once ADS-B Out equipment is installed, it must be operational and broadcast the required information at all times.  While FAR 91.225 provides that aircraft must have ADS-B out equipment installed to operate in designated airspace "after January 1, 2020,” the regulation also affects present-day operations by requiring that "each person operating an aircraft equipped with ADS-B Out must operate this equipment in the transmit mode at all times.”        

The FAA’s ADS-B Compliance Monitoring System is already operational and is capable of detecting each flight of an aircraft with ADS-B Out equipment that is failing to broadcast the information required by FAR 91.227.  The information required by the FAR includes 19 different indications such as the aircraft's latitude and longitude, barometric pressure altitude, and transponder identification code.

The AOPA Legal Services Plan is aware of several cases in which aircraft owners have received a "Letter of Finding” from the FAA’s Avionics Branch in Washington, DC, notifying the owner of the date of the flight in question and the nature of the ADS-B Out equipment’s deficiency.  The letter also provides a point of contact to call within 30 days to discuss a plan of corrective action.  As with any potential FAR violation, aircraft owners and pilots are advised to contact an attorney prior to discussing the matter with anyone.

How can you confirm that your ADS-B equipment is functioning properly?  According to the FAA’s website, you can send an email to the agency at  [email protected] with your aircraft’s registration number and request an ADS-B Out equipment check.  However, consult with your attorney or the AOPA Legal Services Plan before you do so, as both the aircraft owner and the pilot of the aircraft could be liable for any regulatory violations discovered.
View Quote

That's the right attitude AOPA. Good job working towards getting GA equipped.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#29]
FAA offering $500 rebate on ADS-B out equipment

http://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Once ADS-B Out equipment is installed, it must be operational and broadcast the required information at all times.  While FAR 91.225 provides that aircraft must have ADS-B out equipment installed to operate in designated airspace “after January 1, 2020,” the regulation also affects present-day operations by requiring that “each person operating an aircraft equipped with ADS-B Out must operate this equipment in the transmit mode at all times.”        
View Quote

It seems the govt may have an exception for themselves or they just don't care.   Local FBI Cessnas have turned off their mode-s during their surveillance flights.  I noticed they weren't showing up like they used.  Then I saw one circling the same area they had been before, checked my receiver and confirmed they weren't transmitting.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By USMC2671:
It seems the govt may have an exception for themselves or they just don't care.   Local FBI Cessnas have turned off their mode-s during their surveillance flights.  I noticed they weren't showing up like they used.  Then I saw one circling the same area they had been before, checked my receiver and confirmed they weren't transmitting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC2671:

Once ADS-B Out equipment is installed, it must be operational and broadcast the required information at all times.  While FAR 91.225 provides that aircraft must have ADS-B out equipment installed to operate in designated airspace "after January 1, 2020,” the regulation also affects present-day operations by requiring that "each person operating an aircraft equipped with ADS-B Out must operate this equipment in the transmit mode at all times.”        

Yep. Garmin just informed us of this ability for LEO customers equipment.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Government agencies are exempt from the FARs.  The FAA's own aircraft dont have to be flow or mantaned per the FARs.  

Dont like the local PO-PO cirlcing your house? too bad FAR's dont apply.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:40:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack-of-Hearts] [#33]
I am very fortunate to live in an area of very low traffic.  I'm holding off until next year and if it still doesn't feel right, I might just hold out until the last couple of months.

I don't want to buy then FAA come up with additional BS.

And for what its worth, I'll go out/in when I do go.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Brownie63:
I am very fortunate to live in an area of very low traffic.  I'm holding off until next year and if it still doesn't feel right, I might just hold out until the last couple of months.

I don't want to buy then FAA come up with additional BS.

And for what its worth, I'll go out/in when I do go.  
View Quote

I have in, but no transponder at all.  There can be a fair amount of traffic in my AO, and it's nice when it's all lit up.  It sucks when it's not.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah that sucked for us Avionics shops. FAA announced the $500 rebate in June, to go live in September.

Guess what that did to my business... went from a full schedule to very slow with everyone waiting to get in on the rebate. Can't blame the customer, but it sure sucked for us.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:54:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ske714] [#37]
Originally Posted By Monkey_Wrench:
Yeah that sucked for us Avionics shops. FAA announced the $500 rebate in June, to go live in September.
Guess what that did to my business... went from a full schedule to very slow with everyone waiting to get in on the rebate. Can't blame the customer, but it sure sucked for us.

View Quote

Too bad they didn't know you could buy now, and claim your rebate later.

ETA: Apparently, you could purchase equipment in advance, but had to wait until Sept. to have it installed.  That's real retarded.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By kfs35:
I've got a Status 2 and ForeFlight also.  Looking around for an Out solution, currently thinking about the KT74.  Current transponder is a 76A, so it's a slide in replacement.  Just need to have the GNS430W hooked up to give position to the transponder.
View Quote

Well, it wasn't quite as simple as slide-out/slide in, but we're now officially ADS-B out compliant.

Ended up getting a KT-74.  Installed it using our old encoder as the altitude source and the GNS430W for position.  Ground testing looked good, but it failed the airborne correlation test due to loss of altitude information occasionally.  We had our avionics guy tweak the encoder a bit, but it still failed.  Ended up putting a new encoder in, and test flew it today. Got the email back showing it passed all parameters a few minutes ago.

I was running out of time for the rebate reservation, only had until December 16th to get the test flight done.

Here is the panel now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#40]
ADS-B requirement clarified for nonelectrical aircraft - Language differed from transponder rule

https://www.aopa.org/News-and-Media/All-News/2017/January/19/ADS-B-requirement-clarified-for-nonelectrical-aircraft?utm_source=ePilot&utm_medium=Content&utm_content=adv&utm_campaign=170119epilot

"In the regulations requiring the use of altitude-reporting transponders, 14 CFR 91.215(b)(3) and 91.215(b)(5) specify exemptions for “any aircraft which was not originally certificated with an engine-driven electrical system or which has not subsequently been certified with such a system installed, balloon, or glider.” However, 14 CFR 91.225(e)—which provides comparable exemptions to the ADS-B Out requirement—specifies “any aircraft that was not originally certificated with an electrical system, or that has not subsequently been certified with such a system installed, including balloons and gliders.” Its omission of the phrase “engine driven” has caused significant confusion among pilots and aircraft owners.

“The legal interpretation confirms that the same aircraft excluded from the transponder requirement are excluded from the ADS-B Out equipage requirement,” said Justin Barkowski, AOPA director of regulatory affairs. “That means aircraft subsequently equipped with batteries or an electric starter would not be required to equip for ADS-B Out."
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Okay, this is pretty cool.  I love my iFly GPS, and they just came out with this tiny little ads-b receiver that plugs into the USB port.  $135.  

It only works with iFly devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0QHlC780M

Quick Tip - Setup iFly 700 + Ping For iFly
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine goes in the avionics shop in about a month for her panel upgrade. Getting PSA 8000 BT audio, Garmin 530W, Garmin 330ES adsb in/out, and Garmin G5. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:
Mine goes in the avionics shop in about a month for her panel upgrade. Getting PSA 8000 BT audio, Garmin 530W, Garmin 330ES adsb in/out, and Garmin G5. Can't wait!
View Quote
Where are you going? 

330ES is not ADS-B In, by the way. 
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
Unless the FAA backs off on their position, Jan 2020 will be the last time I fly my airplane.  I just can't justify the five or six thousand it's going to cost, for a day VFR only airplane, that's only worth $15K or so.    I think there are many, many GA airplanes that will never fly again with their current owners when this goes into effect.  And frankly, I don't see any benefit for most light aircraft, unless you are flying IFR in busy airspace.
View Quote
I might buy a plane after that day because of it. Hopefully they will be cheap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jdude:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jdude:
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
FWIW, I'm pretty sure you can get ADS-B out only for under $4K, and be in compliance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Where are you going? 

330ES is not ADS-B In, by the way. 
View Quote
Quality Avionics in PA is doing the work. Yes, 330ES is only out, but I can receive via Garmin 796/GDL-39.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:

Quality Avionics in PA is doing the work. Yes, 330ES is only out, but I can receive via Garmin 796/GDL-39.
View Quote
Correct. Just wanted to make sure you knew the 330ES wasn't going to give FIS-b or TIS-B. 

Next time, keep your avionics business in FL! 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Correct. Just wanted to make sure you knew the 330ES wasn't going to give FIS-b or TIS-B. 

Next time, keep your avionics business in FL! 
View Quote
I would have, but still in NY sometimes and made the apt last year!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:37:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ske714] [#49]
My new ADS-B receiver, and instruction manual.  Isn't it cute?   I'll report back on how well it works.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SaloSV] [#50]
Not having a solid understanding of the technical details yet, but also not having read the 2020 requirement, AvWeb posted this yesterday and wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmccgaLQRg

Sorry, the imbed did not work.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Tacked ADS-B (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top