Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 7:22:15 PM EDT
I have the chance to get in on the ground floor so to speak on one here in New England..and I mean like the first or second house to be built....to keep things simple, think whatever sort of house I can afford, basically at cost for getting in "early" and help promote the park.  Some of the perks are basically fee storage for my plane (think hangar in back yard, use of the of the 3,000' grass runway. This all sounds great, but  I'm apprehensive for a variety of reasons...I have never had house built....what if the air park fails? I could get the largest "I told you so" in recorded history from "management."

Help put my mind at ease or tell me to run. My fate is in your hands.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Google spruce creek.They seem to like it.

http://www.7fl6.com
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Where will you keep your plane for the 6 months of the year the grass runway is unusable?
What will that cost?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where will you keep your plane for the 6 months of the year the grass runway is unusable?
What will that cost?
View Quote

I don't currently own a plane. That being said, I would purchase one that I could fly year round like a Champ (ie skis)
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
At one of the flight schools I went to (which shall remained unnamed) there was an airport community.  Some doctor built a giant house on the end of the runway.  Constantly bragging how he got the "head of the table" lot.  Shortly after moving in, he sued everyone he could because of the noise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have the chance to get in on the ground floor so to speak on one here in New England..and I mean like the first or second house to be built....to keep things simple, think whatever sort of house I can afford, basically at cost for getting in "early" and help promote the park.  Some of the perks are basically fee storage for my plane (think hangar in back yard, use of the of the 3,000' grass runway. This all sounds great, but  I'm apprehensive for a variety of reasons...I have never had house built....what if the air park fails? I could get the largest "I told you so" in recorded history from "management."

Help put my mind at ease or tell me to run. My fate is in your hands.
View Quote

Honestly, unless you're dead set on living in one, I'd stay away until it establishes itself.

I fly out of a fly-in community and they get hit with some pretty big assessments from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At one of the flight schools I went to (which shall remained unnamed) there was an airport community.  Some doctor built a giant house on the end of the runway.  Constantly bragging how he got the "head of the table" lot.  Shortly after moving in, he sued everyone he could because of the noise.
View Quote

What a dope.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Owned a lot on River Oak Acres, Okeechobee. Planned to build but never did and sold lot.
People their were set in their ways. I talked about lights, No it will attract drug smugglers.
Tail draggers hated retract crowd, Mostly a place for old-timers to work on kit planes that mostly never flew.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. Good stuff to keep in mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top