Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 5:34:22 PM EDT
Does anyone know if anyone is hiring experienced aircraft mechanics for permanent positions? I have almost 6 years on the job experience plus 18 months of schooling. I am not too fond of the Contractor positions and am looking for a place to settle down. Most of my experience stems from military aircraft and only a year of commercial. If anyone could help that would be awesome! I am hoping to stay in the South if all possible. I haven't had a good experience at Boeing thus far and have worked 350 days out of my year last yea. I dont mind the OT but an option to get some rest would do some good here and there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet the guys in Atlanta will chime in.  

Be nice to work there, but I ain't living near Atlanta

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you elaborate  a little more on your experience?

Wide body, narrow body, fixed or rotor wing?

Like are you ex MIL?

Have an A and/or P?

What's your dicipline?   Sheetmetal, avionics, ect?

Where have you worked before?

If ya don't want to post all that info here, PM me.  I'll do my best to help out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If you've got a lot of Boeing experience apply to Southwest.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the expression "permanent aircraft mechanic" position is somewhat oxymoronic
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I turned down a Customer Coordinator job there in SC. You guys call it something different than we did in Washington but it's basically the Boeing reps that kiss the customer's ass and write-up scuffs in the first class seats.  

When I was searching for permanent jobs in the South, I kept coming up with the same options:

-Gulfstream (it's production like at Boeing but you can possible transfer to the Customer Service Center there in Savannah) The production gig will hire people without Corporate Jet experience

-Endeavor Air with a hub in TN somewhere ( I think Knoxville).

-Delta Airlines near Atlanta. Nearby Peachtree City is one of the best places in the US to raise a family.

PAE currently holds the contract for maintenance for all of Customs and Border Patrol. They have openings in Jacksonville, FL. Will require an SF-85 background check/clearance and pay starts in the 30s/hr. They are looking for King Air and CRJ experience but they will probably take anyone with decent fixed wing experience that can pass background check. You may even get a chance to cut your teeth in rotary wing while you're there.

-ETA2: Air Methods has been dying to fill a position in Southern GA. Forgot the town but it's listed on their site. It's a good place to cut your teeth in Helos as well. They insist on factory training so you might get a EC135 and Turbomecca school out of it.

Good luck man. You and me are searching for the exact same thing.

ETA: oh shit, I forgot we used to PM each other about jobs. The lazy B not working out, huh?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep checking Delta's website for job openings under technical operations.  There will be more coming soon.

https://delta.greatjob.net/jobs/JobListingAction.action?jobCategory=&PSUID=faaf2eab-c7ce-48d0-893e-4b23bc938dcb

Quoted:
Does anyone know if anyone is hiring experienced aircraft mechanics for permanent positions? I have almost 6 years on the job experience plus 18 months of schooling. I am not too fond of the Contractor positions and am looking for a place to settle down. Most of my experience stems from military aircraft and only a year of commercial. If anyone could help that would be awesome! I am hoping to stay in the South if all possible. I haven't had a good experience at Boeing thus far and have worked 350 days out of my year last yea. I dont mind the OT but an option to get some rest would do some good here and there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL...  is there anything seriously called a "Permanent A/C mechanic??  OP- you will find good and bad.  You will work with idiots and wizards.  Hang on, it is a fun ride.  I work at a major DoD contractor...  Life is "day to day".  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at usa jobs for aircraft mechanic positions with the Air and Army National Guard and Reserves.  Positions range from WG-10 to WG-13. There's always something out there if you are willing to move and are able to enlist.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#9]
GE Durham NC is always looking for experienced mechanics. This is an engine assembly plant. They employee lots of ex military.  The pay is good and the working conditions are great. You do need AP certification. If the terminology is incorrect sorry. Not an employee just know some people that work there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:33:19 AM EDT
[#10]
How far are you willing to move.

The Central Florida area has some jobs.  It depends on what you want to start off at.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How far are you willing to move.

The Central Florida area has some jobs.  It depends on what you want to start off at.
View Quote
wut?!  where?

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Lockheed in Fort Walton Beach, FL was hiring BIG TIME when I left a few months back for the F-35 program. I opted out
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm still looking for someplace as well... not really sure about pulling up roots and moving to GA....
I've got about 30 days left here (minimum)..
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#15]
If you are willing to relocate to the frozen liberal wasteland of Minnesota, I know a place that might hire you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm still looking for someplace as well... not really sure about pulling up roots and moving to GA....
I've got about 30 days left here (minimum)..
View Quote

Creech has plenty of contract jobs. Some deploy though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top