Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 12:30:23 PM EDT
Well, this escalated quickly...       I'm sure it's made the rounds, but first I've seen it.

ETA: Skip to about 4:30 if you're in a hurry.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
5:31 - "It's not an important fire."

That cracked me up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5:31 - "It's not an important fire."

That cracked me up.
View Quote

He may have felt differently if he had known that all they had was a garden hose.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's how it's supposed to go:
747-8 RTO Cert test

Fire crew is supposed to letit go for five minutes before acting unless the airplane is obviously goimg to burn down.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's how it's supposed to go:
747-8 RTO Cert test

Fire crew is supposed to letit go for five minutes before acting unless the airplane is obviously goimg to burn down.
View Quote

Thanks, they did a good job of explaining the cert test.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Le sheet!  Le sheet!  Le evacuate?!  Damn.  Le sheet!  Bringa le stairs!  Can you bringa le stairs?  Please?  Le sheet.

What es goeeng on down shere?  Sheet.  You guys makea me le sick.

Where are le stairs?

Sheet.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I can understand the need to demonstrate that the airplane won't burn to the ground in less than five minutes but I can't understand those guys sitting in the burning plane for the duration of the test. Thinking I would not have waited on the stairs to be brought out had the plane been on fire. Seems like their part of of the mission would have been over by then.

RC
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Le sheet!  Le sheet!  Le evacuate?!  Damn.  Le sheet!  Bringa le stairs!  Can you bringa le stairs?  Please?  Le sheet.

What es goeeng on down shere?  Sheet.  You guys makea me le sick.

Where are le stairs?

Sheet..

View Quote

Francios...we are on le fire, yes we are not? I am the chief captain..you co-pilot swine. I am ordering you to tell the idiot on the ground to hose us with his hose..you know. Yes I know that. I knew that you knew that I knew..you know? Where is the swine with le ladder? I need a white flag to wave....you swine
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, this escalated quickly...       I'm sure it's made the rounds, but first I've seen it.

ETA: Skip to about 4:30 if you're in a hurry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUMuOyMTQ8Y
View Quote

iWhatever
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell, I seen what happens to an A340 wheels explodes.  It was not pretty.  I believe it was a A340-400 from Air Canada and if I remember correctly it took out the hydraulics out in the center of the wheel well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can understand the need to demonstrate that the airplane won't burn to the ground in less than five minutes but I can't understand those guys sitting in the burning plane for the duration of the test. Thinking I would not have waited on the stairs to be brought out had the plane been on fire. Seems like their part of of the mission would have been over by then.

RC
View Quote

I've worked with lots of production test and experimental test pilots from (the former) Hawker Beechcraft.

They do some cool/crazy shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

RC
View Quote
Ejection seats weren't working.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
If I was part of that crew I would have said " You all can go to hell! I am going to the bar" as I was pulling the emergency exit handle!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top