BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It may be worth the effort   to get a hold of the Facrep for your top couple choices and get as much info about the facility (nnumber of trainees there, how long the program takes, where their cpcs go after they check out (some facilities are known pipelines to bigger  places),  and how things are at the facility.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my list of choices. Depending on class rank I can take SHV, CID, SBN, HUF, LAN, or ABI. Anyone know anything about these? The rapcon at SHV would be cool I think, but not living in LA

How much time do you have to make a decision?

Well, we finish evals wed so I should know my class rank by then, then we get to pick Thursday morning. So not much time at all.

It may be worth the effort   to get a hold of the Facrep for your top couple choices and get as much info about the facility (nnumber of trainees there, how long the program takes, where their cpcs go after they check out (some facilities are known pipelines to bigger  places),  and how things are at the facility.

Good advice ^^^^

I know someone who use to be at HUF, they would certainly not recommend it. HUF is also only a level 5.
No personal knowledge of the rest, but:
SBN is only going to be busy on ND home football weekends, but it is a 7 I think. I use to fly in there a decent amount. Never seemed crazy.
ABI is also a level 7 rapcon I believe
SHV is a level 6
LAN is a level 6
CID is a level 6.... in Iowa

Good news is, it looks like all of your options will get you a radar ticket, which opens up some more options down the road.  I have heard from some people it can be easier to move within a region or district if you are looking to move up to the show. So if you eventually want to try DFW, ABI may be a good spot to be. Or if you wanted ORD, SBN could be a good spot. No idea if it's true or not, but something to maybe think about.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good advice ^^^^

I know someone who use to be at HUF, they would certainly not recommend it. HUF is also only a level 5.

SBN is only going to be busy on ND home football weekends, but it is a 7 I think. I use to fly in there a decent amount. Never seemed crazy.

SHV is a level 6

LAN is a level 6

Good news is, it looks like all of your options will get you a radar ticket, which opens up some more options down the road.  I have heard from some people it can be easier to move within a region or district if you are looking to move up to the show. So if you eventually want to try DFW, ABI may be a good spot to be. Or if you wanted ORD, SBN could be a good spot. No idea if it's true or not, but something to maybe think about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got my list of choices. Depending on class rank I can take SHV, CID, SBN, HUF, LAN, or ABI. Anyone know anything about these? The rapcon at SHV would be cool I think, but not living in LA

How much time do you have to make a decision?

Well, we finish evals wed so I should know my class rank by then, then we get to pick Thursday morning. So not much time at all.

Good advice ^^^^

SHV is a level 6

LAN is a level 6

That's what Im thinking. If MN makes cans legal I might want to go to MSP someday, failing that, I really like SLC. I spoke with the natca rep for LAN, seems like a really solid place, a good amount of manageable radar work, extremely high checkout rate, and good mgmt. Trying to get a hold of the CID and SBN guys. I don't really want to go south (SHV or ABI) , I might melt in the summer . I don't plan on being last in my class so HUF shouldn't be an option.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
evals start today, wish me luck!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck!

Just passed the Bio-Q on the latest March bid.  I may be in your shoes soon!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good luck!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck!

Good luck!

I passed yesterday, got the top score for first pick in my region! I picked SBN!

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It's officially on paper, SBN here I come :)
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats man. I'll be heading back to OKC for RTF in July.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats!!! Don't ask where the timer is in the tower when you get there
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Congrats man. I'll be heading back to OKC for RTF in July.
View Quote

I got done at RTF in Feb. It's fun. Does a great job teaching the rules, and a lot of the instructors were easy going.

Free beer at Walnut Gardens on Wednesdays for FAA students and employees
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top