Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2014 10:42:53 PM EDT
Just curious as to a ballpark landing fee at ORD for a private business jet.  I'm not a pilot, just an occasional passenger and curious.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If we don't take gas and just pay all the fees, I think it's somewhere around $1000-ish.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the size jet.  A lear or similar size around a grand.  A G-5 will be much more.  It is Signature so they will do you the favor of allowing you to buy some of their 8.00 a gallon Jet a.  I have never despised a business enterprise more than them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
When it comes to running jets, a thousand dollar ramp fee is a fly turd in a bucket of pepper.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on the size jet.  A lear or similar size around a grand.  A G-5 will be much more.  It is Signature so they will do you the favor of allowing you to buy some of their 8.00 a gallon Jet a.  I have never despised a business enterprise more than them.
View Quote

Signature is awful, and I was never enamored of their level of service.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have to ask, you can't afford it...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When it comes to running jets, a thousand dollar ramp fee is a fly turd in a bucket of pepper.
View Quote

Not really, although Signatures buisiness model is build around that very concept.  

I used to avoid ORD, SAN, SFO and some other when I could, for just that reason.   Saved $100,000's by making phone calls ahead of time, no idea whether it was truly appreciated.    It just seemed like the right thing to do for the company.

OP, if you're ever curious, just look up the FBO phone number and call them.    "Hi, this is Cpt Arock, for Challenger 51FoxUniform. What is you landing fee and ramp fee per day?     Also, what is your JetA out the door price, say, 500 gallons.  

you'll need to know what type aircraft,(just look it up).    usually they are split up light, medium, large, heavy, they have a Book of Fines that they reference, based on type.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not really, although Signatures buisiness model is build around that very concept.  

I used to avoid ORD, SAN, SFO and some other when I could, for just that reason.   Saved $100,000's by making phone calls ahead of time, no idea whether it was truly appreciated.    It just seemed like the right thing to do for the company.

OP, if you're ever curious, just look up the FBO phone number and call them.    "Hi, this is Cpt Arock, for Challenger 51FoxUniform. What is you landing fee and ramp fee per day?     Also, what is your JetA out the door price, say, 500 gallons.  

you'll need to know what type aircraft,(just look it up).    usually they are split up light, medium, large, heavy, they have a Book of Fines that they reference, based on type.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree on saving the owners $$$$ when I possibly can (and if that also dicks Signature out of money even better) I have worked for employers who didn't give a damn and wanted to go to,ORD, SFO, MIA etc.  they really didn't care about the fees.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's the summary of fees through the end of the year:

KORD fees
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here's the summary of fees through the end of the year:

KORD fees
View Quote

That is the city and airport fees. The FBO has another surprise for your traveling delight. Those will be handling fee, tiedown/hangar fee, flowage fee on fuel, fee to dump the crapper, minmum fuel purchase,  apu fee, etc., etc.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I was talking to the pilot of a Beechjet last week, and it cost them around $900 to just pick someone up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Just fly in to Palwaukee (KPWK) and save yourself a bunch of the hassle. Commute time from either airport isn't really all the different to downtown anyway.

And no, I will not call it Chicago Executive...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just fly in to Palwaukee (KPWK) and save yourself a bunch of the hassle. Commute time from either airport isn't really all the different to downtown anyway.

View Quote

Me neither! I did all of my training and earned my license there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

5,000 ft isn't much runway to land at 36,000lbs with a Vref of 130+
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Now I'm curious as to the numbers for the rare event they land a B737 at KRNT.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh come now, biz jets are fairly cheap to operate given the cost/benefit, it's the purchase price that's the big deal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say it couldn't be done, or isn't done on a regular basis.  It gets sketchy with rain or snow.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I didn't say it couldn't be done, or isn't done on a regular basis.  It gets sketchy with rain or snow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger that.  I'm just thinking about how Boeing reeeeeeaaaaallllllllllllly doesn't like doing that, though it happens once in a blue moon.  Given this region's propensity for precipitation, it's gotta be interesting.  It's probably a pucker factor of 8 or so.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I got even with Signature a couple of years ago.  I was ferrying a twin Cessna for a friend.  The Airplane was mechanically perfect and 340 hr engines and props and a panel to die for.  It just looked like crap. Had the original Cessna paint on it.  Faded, peeling etc.  The interior was completely shot!  He kept it this way because he flew it to the interior of Mexico 5 or 6 times a year.  He told me if it looked like a good solid decent airplane, it would be stolen withing an hour of him leaving it.  The druggies like them.   Anyway,  landed for some lunch and gas.  Taxied that ugly beast right up in the covered parking area in front of Signature, set the parking brakes real quick, jumped out and locked the door.  Grabbed a rent car and went to lunch.  Came back 2 hours later and man they were pissed.   I told them I was a customer.  I did get a pack of potato chips from the vending machine.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:It just looked like crap. Had the original Cessna paint on it.  Faded, peeling etc.  The interior was completely shot!  He kept it this way because he flew it to the interior of Mexico 5 or 6 times a year.  He told me if it looked like a good solid decent airplane, it would be stolen withing an hour of him leaving it.  The druggies like them.
View Quote

Nothing against your friend, but in my (pretty thorough) experience with Mexico, their GA planes overwhelmingly look a LOT better than the US GA fleet. I don't think I saw a working GA plane down there that wasn't clean on the inside and out with good looking paint (and this was in many airports all across the country).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top