Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What a cool bird. no if the govt will just get rid of that third class medical...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I hate when you post this stuff, it always makes me want one more.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
In my younger years I never cared for their appearance much. But the older I get the more it grows on me. Same for the Focke Wulf 149.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
friend of mine has a perpetual hard-on for one
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Googled up that FW149 ... it and the Navion are dang near twins.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my younger years I never cared for their appearance much. But the older I get the more it grows on me. Same for the Focke Wulf 149.

http://fwp149d.com/FwP-149D/nonavion/nonavion.htm
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, very similar appearance. Sort of a fully aerobatic Navion that flys with a stick rather than a yoke.

Kind of funny that two company's so pitted against eachother at one point in history each ended up designing such similar looking aircraft later on:
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I spent five hours riding in my buddies Navion a month ago. I'd been around them quite a bit, but this was my first time in one. What an airplane! His has the E-225 so cruise was a little low, but boy did it ride nice. If I needed a traveling aircraft, I'd seriously look at a big engined Navion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Read that some company in Minnesota is supposed to put the Navion back in production.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Read that some company in Minnesota is supposed to put the Navion back in production.
View Quote

I think you might be referring to Sierra Hotel, based at South St. Paul Fleming Field (KSGS).   Chris Gardner is the gent behind it.  

I see several come through with military-style markings.    I'd love to grovel with one, but I think it'd lose badly
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I have wanted one from when i first got interested in aircraft.
But I will never be in a place to get one. I do however know of at least 3 sitting at airfields unused for quite a few years.
One if i recall has got to be in the same spot for 10+ years.
To keep the dream alive see
Navion
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:25:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Take us some pics of the abandoned ships and post 'em all three here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have wanted one from when i first got interested in aircraft.
But I will never be in a place to get one. I do however know of at least 3 sitting at airfields unused for quite a few years.
One if i recall has got to be in the same spot for 10+ years.
To keep the dream alive see
Navion

Take us some pics of the abandoned ships and post 'em all three here.

All three at the same field about 2.5 hours from me.
I did inquire about them at the field was told they belong to members of a local club or something along that line.
After that they would not reveal anymore info. I did take pictures the last time there I'll try and find them
I did a Google Earth of the field, looks like a lot of the old birds are no longer there. When I was there last, 4-5 yrs ago, I saw an Ercoupe and an Aeronca and some others in various stages of neglect.
There still looks to be one Navion still there. Two of them were very rough back then. One had no prop and the other was in general poor shape both interior and exterior but looked complete.If you want I will tell you where this is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top