Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 3:34:02 PM EDT
Just got back. I've been on brain overload for the past couple of weeks studying and practicing.

Whew, what a relief!

Maybe I'll go for commercial next. Watched a skydiver pilot haul about 6 loads in a Caravan while doing the oral part. That might be a great retirement job.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The Commercial will be a piece of cake.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Congradulations on passing the  hardest checkride tou will ever take. I can say that as an 8000 ATP rated pilot with 7 type ratings.
If you can afford to do so get your commercial and maybe multi.
Again congrats
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I'm planning on it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Weather providing, I've got me private Tuesday morning
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weather providing, I've got me private Tuesday morning
View Quote

Good luck. remember dont anticipate what the examiner wants to see but rather make good judgement calls.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got back. I've been on brain overload for the past couple of weeks studying and practicing.

Whew, what a relief!

Maybe I'll go for commercial next. Watched a skydiver pilot haul about 6 loads in a Caravan while doing the oral part. That might be a great retirement job.
View Quote

Only thing worse than flying for a regional is flying for a dz. You can't live on that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome job, that is a very hard checkride.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Only thing worse than flying for a regional is flying for a dz. You can't live on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whew, what a relief!

That's the damn truth! At the end of a 10-12 hour day, you might have 2 hours loggable.

OP- congrats! Now go scare the shit outta yourself in some IMC- LIGHT IMC for a few hours.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations!  

If your private was a license to learn, the IFR is a rating to learn more.  Cautiously enjoy your new capabilities.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#11]
When I took my IFR checkride I too was on brain overload. It had been a brutal ten days with PIC while running our business at the same time. The day came and we flew to Waco for the examiner to have his way with me. Nice older gentleman who seemed concerned that we might not finish up in time for he and his wife to make the discount window at their local diner. We hopped in the plane and all was well `till the plane wouldn`t move. I forgot to remove the chocks. Had to get the old guy unbuckled and out of the plane in hundred degree tarmac hottness. I know CSB. Congrats OP! Now use the shit out of your ticket EVEN ON CAVU DAYS.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Commercial will be a piece of cake.  Congrats.
View Quote

I'm told that the hardest part of the Commercial is finding an airplane that qualifies for it.  I wouldn't know myself, I still haven't found an available retract locally to go find out in.  :-)  (I don't care enough to travel out of town to get it done).
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats!

One of the hardest and most rewarding accomplishments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top