Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 11:40:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, how does that work?

So much for the captain being responsible for the aircraft.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, that's embarrassing.  I'm surprised the feds did't have a little to say about that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]

WTF....

Well I can only assume that ALPA
had intervened on the Captains behalf.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WTF....

Well I can only assume that ALPA
had intervened on the Captains behalf.

View Quote

SWAPA not ALPA

If the Captain requested representation, SWAPA would intervene on his behalf.  If they didn't, they could be facing a DFR lawsuit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL

In before pickle?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL

In before pickle?
View Quote

Guess so.  

As to what the FAA did or didn't do, they often let companies handle things internally as long as they (the FAA) feel the punishment fits the crime.  Usually they want to see some extra sim and/or ground training in certain areas and call it good after that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Guess so.  

As to what the FAA did or didn't do, they often let companies handle things internally as long as they (the FAA) feel the punishment fits the crime.  Usually they want to see some extra sim and/or ground training in certain areas and call it good after that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

In before pickle?

Guess so.  

In my experience, the FAA also handles mechanics like this.  If they (FAA) feel that the airline is doing enough to correct the problem then it's good to go in their eyes.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
The decision of the ASAP ERC will decide the outcome...if the event is accepted.
The FAA, union, and pilot group each has a rep on this committee.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#9]
They should be caned.
In the old days Captain Ogden would have thrown all their shit out into the parking lot and told them to GTFO!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top