flight simulator business for failing to show up to work on time and
refusing to dress professionally.

uFly company owner
Claudio Teixeira says he fired Mitchell Casado on Wednesday in part for
"shaming Canadians" by "dressing like he was 15 years old."

Pics.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Even though Mitchell did more than anyone else to put whatever that sim company is on the map.

I did think it was a little strange that he didn't dress a little more professionally...until I found out that their sim isn't really a flight sim per se, but more of a show and tell sim for non-rated people to see what flying is like.

It will be interesting to see who takes his place or if CNN will boycott them...or get Mitchell rehired.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even though Mitchell did more than anyone else to put whatever that sim company is on the map.

I did think it was a little strange that he didn't dress a little more professionally...until I found out that their sim isn't really a flight sim per se, but more of a show and tell sim for non-rated people to see what flying is like.
View Quote

Lesson in corporate loyalty.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I worked 6 years for the world largest flight simulator training company and we had a strict policy on not speaking to the media in referance to an aviation accident.
Doing so would result in termination.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I worked 6 years for the world largest flight simulator training company and we had a strict policy on not speaking to the media in referance to an aviation accident.
View Quote

yup

ETA - HBLC ICT here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Granted, that's a no brainer, but I doubt Mitchell admitted CNN into the sim w/o his boss' knowledge.

The owner was probably eating it up until someone complained about Mitchell's "image".
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a bad policy, it seems pretty standard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Granted, that's a no brainer, but I doubt Mitchell admitted CNN into the sim w/o his boss' knowledge.

The owner was probably eating it up until someone complained about Mitchell's "image".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much true you never speak to the media for all major companies. In this case, CNN bought all the time available over several weeks so it's clear the company knew what was going on. It's a cockpit procedures trainer with visual enhancement. No base motion but legal for extensive training. I was a bit shocked he was not in more appropriate attire and that he was making huge moves with the control yoke and I told the CNN Producers that when I was being preinterviewed several times.

Captain Dave Funk
Laird & Associates and
Operator, BlaserPro.com
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I was always did notice how under-dressed that guy was for being on a major news channel.  It's not that hard to button up your shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top