Author
Posted: 7/9/2012 3:36:47 PM
CFII
Kiowa Driver
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 4:33:15 PM
[Last Edit: 7/9/2012 8:17:54 PM by CFII]
A twin engine fork-tailed doctor killer? Awesome. Thats like double the danger at three times the cost

Anything worth having takes blood, sweat, and tears.
M82Assault
Re-elect nobody '12!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 8:16:38 PM
[Last Edit: 7/9/2012 8:16:56 PM by M82Assault]
Originally Posted By CFII:
A twin engine fork-talked doctor killer? Awesome. Thats like double the danger at three times the cost

So with me being a relative noob in the aviation world... care to explain why the V-tailed doctor killer got that name?

Worst thread jack ever, I know
Stryker428 on Xbox Live

Here is proof that ARFCOM will always have a ready supply of "I stuck my dick in teh crazy and now my balls are glued to my leg" posts -Ventilator
LNC2BLDR
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 8:28:30 PM
A low drag airframe coupled with 2 big tail control surfaces that was/is a popular model purchased by medical professionals. Very easy to exceed vne. There was a redesign that solved the "problem" of tail seperation but evidently a lot of people like to still refer to them as such.

Originally Posted By M82Assault:
A twin engine fork-talked doctor killer? Awesome. Thats like double the danger at three times the cost

So with me being a relative noob in the aviation world... care to explain why the V-tailed doctor killer got that name?

M82Assault
Re-elect nobody '12!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 8:39:01 PM
Originally Posted By LNC2BLDR:
A low drag airframe coupled with 2 big tail control surfaces that was/is a popular model purchased by medical professionals. Very easy to exceed vne. There was a redesign that solved the "problem" of tail seperation but evidently a lot of people like to still refer to them as such.

Ah, thanks. This thread may resume its original course now
Stryker428 on Xbox Live

Here is proof that ARFCOM will always have a ready supply of "I stuck my dick in teh crazy and now my balls are glued to my leg" posts -Ventilator
jestertoo
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:37:52 PM
I thought the sister "Baron" was the Doctor killer.
Toiyabe
Always the Big Spoon. Always.
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:40:08 PM
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
Just like insurgency is the way of war for people poor in physical capital, SOF are the way of war for leaders poor in political capital.
NY32
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:52:39 PM
Originally Posted By jestertoo:

Nope, it was the Bonanza. In reality most likely the mighty C-210!
CFII
Kiowa Driver
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:53:26 PM
I want to fly a Twin Bonanza. Not that homebuilt, but the giant one Beech made.

Anything worth having takes blood, sweat, and tears.
DRich
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2012 10:01:16 PM
Originally Posted By NY32:
Originally Posted By jestertoo:

Nope, it was the Bonanza. In reality most likely the mighty C-210!

My dentist has '65 V35 with "Doctor Killer" painted in script on the cowl. Feels odd to fly with the "synchronized" yoke/rudders. You can feel those bungie cords fighting you, especially when landing in a crosswind.
The_Emu
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:13:16 AM
I want to fly a Twin Bonanza. Not that homebuilt, but the giant one Beech made.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Beechcraft_U-8D_Seminole_US_Army_in_flight.jpg/791px-Beechcraft_U-8D_Seminole_US_Army_in_flight.jpg

I flew one of those a little bit. It was a sweet flying machine, but a bit loud.
JimEb
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2012 9:20:27 AM
Originally Posted By DRich:
My dentist has '65 V35 with "Doctor Killer" painted in script on the cowl.

Suppose someday that'll give an NTSB investigator a chuckle in the sense of irony when he's processing that crash scene.

BlueMR2
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 8:32:39 AM

Doctors with more money than time to fly buy them, then drive them into the ground (and/or inflight breakup) due to the combination of a high performance airplane flown by someone that doesn't have the time to stay proficient in said high performance airplane.

These days it sounds like Cirrus is competing for the doctor killer title. For such a safe airplane, there's a terrible percentage of owners turning them into lawn darts.
M82Assault
Re-elect nobody '12!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 10:19:51 AM
Originally Posted By BlueMR2:

Doctors with more money than time to fly buy them, then drive them into the ground (and/or inflight breakup) due to the combination of a high performance airplane flown by someone that doesn't have the time to stay proficient in said high performance airplane.

These days it sounds like Cirrus is competing for the doctor killer title. For such a safe airplane, there's a terrible percentage of owners turning them into lawn darts.

Stryker428 on Xbox Live

Surf
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 10:24:52 AM

with parachutes....

SCHADENFREUDE - Hearing of the misfortune of an Obama voter related how any aspect of their life sucks because of Obama.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
CFII
Kiowa Driver
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 4:23:25 PM
Originally Posted By Surf:

with parachutes....

Ironic to me. However, CFIT happens. There is a pretty crappy video of a Cirrus involved in a midair that then parachuted down....on fire.
Originally Posted By Sylvan:
there is no room for free loaders or cowards in a functioning society.
DvlDog
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 4:48:22 PM
A twin engine fork-tailed doctor killer? Awesome. Thats like double the danger at three times the cost

HAHAHA I fucking lol'd hard. Close the thread. You win.
Colt_sporter
Carrot Military Service
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/11/2012 11:01:34 PM
Originally Posted By Surf:

with parachutes....

Ironic to me. However, CFIT happens. There is a pretty crappy video of a Cirrus involved in a midair that then parachuted down....on fire.

I was doing good, till the "on fire" part. Then, I laughed at the irony.
Stumbling on the stepstool of mediocracy...