Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2010 10:57:00 AM EDT
I Googled this topic, and after coming up with different dimensions on different websites I figured I'd ask the question in here and see if any Herk LMs are lurking.

I'm looking for the loadable length, width, and height of the C-130 cargo compartment.

Not being a Herky guy, I suppose it would be a good idea to also ask if it varies from E to H to J models, too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont know the dimensions but the only difference would be a stretch j which has two more pallet positions one forward of the gear and one aft.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I Googled this topic, and after coming up with different dimensions on different websites I figured I'd ask the question in here and see if any Herk LMs are lurking.

I'm looking for the loadable length, width, and height of the C-130 cargo compartment.

Not being a Herky guy, I suppose it would be a good idea to also ask if it varies from E to H to J models, too.

Dude...I can't believe you didn't email/ IM me...I am a little bit offended.

Link Posted: 4/5/2010 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get your answer yet?  If not PM me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
A standard Herc has a usable cargo space of about 40'l x 10' w at the wheel wells and about 108" height at the same.  Now thats the minimums at certain places inside the plane.  The height and width are various thoughout the cargo compartment due to rigging and airframe componants but these are the standards that you will find in a C-130 loading manual  Then you have the empanage area of the ramp which extends the above dimensions a bit but is also at an incline in relatioship to the main cargo deck and has smaller limitations for weight and dimensions as the main compartment.

Im a loadmaster on Hercs..  The -30 models have 2 more pallet positions and thus a longer fuselage.
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Where's C130montana???      
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where's C130montana???      

Asleep in the top bunk, as usual...

I never memorized the exact dimensions. I just remember that   if it fits in a railroad boxcar,
it will  fit in a standard Herky.

I do know for sure that by the time You sweep/vacuum/mop the dern thing when it's about 120 degrees F in
there on a Texas afternoon, it seems pretty large!

The Ol' Crew Chief
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top