Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2013 2:29:04 PM EDT
YES!  You heard it correctly, a new ammunition manufacturer!  CFA will manufacturer their own cases, projectiles, and assembled ammunition.

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/06/exclusive-cape-fear-arsenal-to-produce-24m-rounds-of-223-starting-in-august/

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/15/1257077
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you guys. We need more choices.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
With most of their production going to LEO the only good thing about this new company starting up might be a bit of relief in the existing markets.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck.  Hope the EPA misses this announcement.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheez,

The biggest reason they are selling to departments is, I would expect, because they have an "in" with some agencies, allowing for a few large orders to help establish the companies and allow them to get on-board with distributors. Believe it or not, many distributors won't deal with startup companies until they can prove they can meet large orders on schedule. Having been involved with departmental purchasing in the past, that's where I'm putting my money.

I don't have a problem with this, since it will allow more ammo to be directed to retail, and will eventually provide a solid new manufacturer and even MORE ammo to retail. I only hope that they ship some to PSA at some point- I'd like to try it out.

Link Posted: 6/8/2013 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Off the bat, we will sell to whoever will buy.  We are currently building a new website that will have an Ecommerce page, so we will be selling to the general public.  We don't have performance history for government contracts at this time.  We will have .223 in August and 9 MM in the spring of 2014.  I wish we were up to full production, but it takes time to get all the equipment in.  In the spring, we will be swagging our own projectiles and brass cases as well.  Thanks all for the good wishes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in... I'll purchase 500 rnds when they become available.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys are going to need a dealer or industry partner account here if you eventually want to advertise.

Also get into contact with Aimsurplus.com One of the most favored ammo retailers of the internet!
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill buy.. As long as you dont take LE/Govt contracts and keep your market in the Civillian/Private sector.

Otherwise I'll keep buying my own relaoding supplies.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CFarsenal:
Off the bat, we will sell to whoever will buy.  We are currently building a new website that will have an Ecommerce page, so we will be selling to the general public.  We don't have performance history for government contracts at this time.  We will have .223 in August and 9 MM in the spring of 2014.  I wish we were up to full production, but it takes time to get all the equipment in.  In the spring, we will be swagging our own projectiles and brass cases as well.  Thanks all for the good wishes.

I want on the mailing list.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top