Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2013 8:33:32 PM EDT
Wilson Combat Announces
Anti-Gun States, No-Sale Policy
Effective: February 28, 2013

Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes on the second amendment rights of its law abiding citizens. This includes any Law Enforcement Department, Law Enforcement Officers, or any State Government Entity or Employee of such an entity. This also applies to any local municipality imposing such infringements.

States currently included in our No-Sale Policy are:
California
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Washington D.C.
The City of Chicago, Illinois
Wilson Combat will in NO way support the government of these states or their anti-gun agenda that only limits the rights of law-abiding citizens. Wilson Combat will continue to supply any product and/or service they can legally sell in these states to all non-government affiliated citizens.

Ryan Wilson,
Vice President
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank You, Sir and please let your people know how much this action is appreciated and applauded.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be sure to give Wilson Combat more buisness in our free states so as magpul and any other company who are willing to sacrifice sales in order to support Freedom in th U.S..
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
THANK YOU!!! We are under seige here and its good to know we have support out there...
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 8:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heavymetal762] [#5]
While I applaud the refusal to sell to governmental organizations, I would like to remind people that police officers are:

1)   possessing the same rights as any other citizen. Why not refuse to sell to National Guardsmen from those states?

2)   are NOT RESPONSIBLE for the laws that are passed... and it is often the police officers who attempt to minimize the damage done by bad laws until we the people elect lawmakers who will fix them.

THIS is the reason I won't BUY or WORK ON/ WITH anything made by Wilson Combat (and I do a fair amount of free gunsmithing for guys -both LE and not- who can't afford to pay for a lot of custom work -usual fee is a Shiner Bock in a bottle)... until they respect the rights of INDIVIDUALS equally.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
While I applaud the refusal to sell to governmental organizations, I would like to remind people that police officers are:

1)   possessing the same rights as any other citizen. Why not refuse to sell to National Guardsmen from those states?

2)   are NOT RESPONSIBLE for the laws that are passed... and it is often the police officers who attempt to minimize the damage done by bad laws until we the people elect lawmakers who will fix them.

THIS is the reason I won't BUY or WORK ON/ WITH anything made by Wilson Combat (and I do a fair amount of free gunsmithing for guys -both LE and not- who can't afford to pay for a lot of custom work -usual fee is a Shiner Bock in a bottle)... until they respect the rights of INDIVIDUALS equally.

Although I don't disagree with your sentiment about PDs. Someone always marches to a different drummer.
Please extend your list to include the following manufacturers;

Olympic Arms, Inc
La Rue Tactical
EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower
York Arms
Templar Custom
Cheaper Than Dirt
Barrett Firearms
Exile Machine
Tier One Arms
Bravo Company USA
Primary Weapons Systems  
Crusader Weaponry
Top Gun Supply
Kiss Tactical
Clark Fork Tactical
OFA Tactical
One Source Tactical
Templar Tactical Arms  
NEMO Arms  
Old Grouch’s Military Surplus
Big Horn Armory
Midway USA
CMMG Inc
Rocky Top Tactical  
Badger Peak
Controlled Chaos Arms
SRT Arms
Norton Firearms
Citizen Arms
Evolution Weaponry
Doublestar Corp
JCW Industries
Huntertown Arms

This list, most likely has expanded further since it dates back to February of this year.  I suspect the majority of gun owners support this "boycott" of anti gun States, specially those that live in the affected states.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Another first class company. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]
As a victim of the New York State SAFE Act and legislature, I applaud Wilson Combat for their stance.  As soon as I move to a free state, I will endeavor to significantly contribute to their bottom line.  Before that I will look to purchase what items are legal in New York State.

David
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 3:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: America-first] [#11]

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1499349_NY__In_overnight_surprise__Senate_exempts_retired_cops_from_SAFE_Act.html

And if some citizen has the nerve to load 8 rounds into a magazine you will likely be giving him the ride.

Your indignation has been noted and filed away under " irrelevant."
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Remington Arms being the most recent manufacturer leaving  Conn.

Is this the start of a real "Two Americas"?
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]

I'll buy some extra Wilson parts and make up the slack.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent this message to Wilson combat after placing my order:

I placed my first order with Wilson Combat after hearing of your support
for Law Abiding gun owners in New York State. Thank you for standing
with us against a tyrannical governor. I wish I could afford to order
more.

This was the reply from Wilson Combat Support:

IT IS OUR HONOR

We appreciate your business!

David
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By resteva:
Wilson Combat Announces

Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes on the second amendment rights of its law abiding citizens. This includes any Law Enforcement Department, Law Enforcement Officers, or any State Government Entity or Employee of such an entity. This also applies to any local municipality imposing such infringements.

California
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Washington D.C.
Wilson Combat will in NO way support the government of these states or their anti-gun agenda that only limits the rights of law-abiding citizens. Wilson Combat will continue to supply any product and/or service they can legally sell in these states to all non-government affiliated citizens.

Ryan Wilson,
Vice President
View Quote

Brilliant !! thank you !

just moved Wilson to the top of my 1911 wish list !!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Has the list grown to include more company's?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Shiiiit. Id be selling everything at cost to those poor folks in those states
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote

Except for when they work exceptions into the laws so they can continue to be a separate class unto themselves? If I can't have more the 10rds neither should any cop. Imagine how fast these laws would be tossed if that happened. FUAC
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#19]
They should include Colorado government/police for the mag ban.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I like it!  Need to buy something from them...
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Right on!!! Looks like I'll be buying a $3,000 1911
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Oh no. Random bubba the gunsmith from the internet that trades dick'n up people's guns for free beer won't work on Wilson Combat equipment anymore. I can't believe you even typed that out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 7:51:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Extorris] [#23]

1)   possessing the same rights as any other citizen.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Trolling - look at join date and where he lives.  SC is still 2A strong.  Easy to say when your fellow citizens aren’t treated like the ones from the banned states.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Good move Wilson!!!

You've moved up in my eyes.

Now I REALLY want one of your worked over 92s.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
That's ok, sorry, but it's time to make a stand.  The LEO only shit has been tolerated for YEARS, and Wilson says "nope" to LEOs getting guns non-LEOs can't have in those states.....and you raise a ruckus on DAY 1.

Welcome to the party, nancy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
I'll be supporting Wilson combat. You Sir are entitled to your first amendment I'm entitled to my 2nd amendment you know "shall not be infringed"
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Thank you sir from "Behind Enemy Lines" in NYS.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Been thinking about picking up some more magazines for my 1911.... now I have a good reason
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Mega-Ditto's from the Peoples Republic of Masshole-achusetts!
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Off to buy those parts for my 92FS I've been meaning to from them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Obviously I support that move, but honestly, how many departments can even afford to issue Wilson guns in the first place?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#34]
More Wilson mags for me .  
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn wish they had some longer 7 twist bbls for .223 to swap out my 18" WC.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Ironic that a NJ poster put this up & his state is on the list.

I wonder how much business Wilson did with those states? Regardless, I applaud Bill Wilson.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Agents of oppressive regimes are oppressors. If they aren't willing to do ban state enforcement, they need to find a new line of work or new location ( non ban state). Cops in ban states are enemies of the citizens because it's in the job description.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Tanlover442:
Thank You, Sir and please let your people know how much this action is appreciated and applauded.
View Quote
I might actually have to go buy one of your products.

Bravo
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#39]
You forgot Vermont.  And Florida.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Those cops will enforce those unconstitutional laws.  They deserve no free pass or exemption from draconian laws of their chosen state of residence.  Saying cops have the same rights is DERP.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Where's H&K? Sig?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Another-Bill] [#42]
Originally Posted By resteva:
Wilson Combat Announces

California
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Washington D.C.

Ryan Wilson,
Vice President
View Quote
...a thank you of course but this is rather stale news... February 28, 2013
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:

...a thank you of course but this is rather stale news... February 28, 2013
View Quote
This has been up for a while.  It was posted: 3/2/2013.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 10:52:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#44]
Originally Posted By mak0:
Obviously I support that move, but honestly, how many departments can even afford to issue Wilson guns in the first place?
View Quote
Beat me to it. Sounds nice but how many departments are using Wilson anything? At most maybe an officer in a department that allows personal weapons. Maybe some parts.

Might as well have Nighthawk put out the same statement, or any other mid to high end semicustom maker.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I heartily applaud this move. Sadly it wont move the needle unless glock, sig, hk, and s&w get on board.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I really wish I could afford literally anything from Wilson Combat so I could contribute to this endeavor but sadly it's way out of my budget to even consider buying from them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I love Wilson Combat,, FYI their T.R.I.M Handguards are AWESOME
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#48]
This should be enforced on the personal level for officers as well. I know some of them don’t agree but it helps turn the tide if some California cop can’t purchase one at all....it will help.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
I’m was an actual cop for a decade+ and I disagree. It needs to apply to them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By rickinil:
Shiiiit. Id be selling everything at cost to those poor folks in those states
View Quote
@rickinil

They are selling to normal folks. NOT selling to agencies or LE depts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top