Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:02:19 PM EDT
What would u all recommend as far as a cigar goes that has a bit of a fruity smell/taste to it? I tried a cigar yesterday and it basically just tasted like a cigarette and my mouth tasted like an ash tray. I bought three different brands from a cigar shop out of pure curiosity since I've never had a real cigar. My customer was smoking one and it smelled really good, it had a bit of a berry aroma? I should have asked him what it was.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Got some weed that needs wrapping?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
No I don't want the papers lol.

I mean I don't know if fruity is the correct description, but more on the sweet side? The cigar I tried yesterday had a lion on it. Basically just smelled and tasted like a Marlborough

What my customer (im a house painter, the guy I'm painting for) had was not like the aroma you would smell from the cheap cigar behind the counter of the gas station
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What would u all recommend as far as a cigar goes that has a bit of a fruity smell/taste to it? I tried a cigar yesterday and it basically just tasted like a cigarette and my mouth tasted like an ash tray. I bought three different brands from a cigar shop out of pure curiosity since I've never had a real cigar. My customer was smoking one and it smelled really good, it had a bit of a berry aroma? I should have asked him what it was.

Thanks
View Quote

Stop buying cheap shitty cigars and the taste will improve.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
CAO Moontrance! One of my standards with a very nice aroma.

Word of caution.. stay far away from their cherry... its a bit much. Eileen's Dream is very good as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I started trying the fruity cigars, they are OK but towards the end tasted harsh and the draw was inconsistent. I tried a few sample packs and found the Romeo Y Julieta 1875 to be very smooth from start to finish and your mouth didnt taste like an ashtray in the morning. Actually, they dont stink up anything like any other cigar I've tried. So far they are my favorite. The clones I ordered that were supposed to be the same are OK but not nearly as smooth. So far I haven't found a cheap alternative and will start a thread to see if there is anything better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top