Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2016 2:59:22 PM EDT
I have been a long time occasional smoker, usually one every few months, but have started to enjoy them just about every weekend.

Long story short, I was browsing cigar international and made a knee jerked purchase of some seconds without doing any research what so ever. Was wanting to build a stash quick and cheap and thought I could hand these out when company is over vs giving out the better ones I also picked up.

Any chance anyone here has had these

Any recommendations for good low cost 2nds?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have been a long time occasional smoker, usually one every few months, but have started to enjoy them just about every weekend.

Long story short, I was browsing cigar international and made a knee jerked purchase of some seconds without doing any research what so ever. Was wanting to build a stash quick and cheap and thought I could hand these out when company is over vs giving out the better ones I also picked up.

View Quote

All 2nds are good for the price. Can't really beat a smoke for a buck.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well they where closer to two bucks each

now i feel dirty, you wasted post 223 on me
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CBID usually has good deals on 2nds too...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
ok so my 2nds finally arrived and i am a little disappointed in the shape. I thought these where hand rolled per the description but surely someone rolling wouldn't make a bulge in them that many times all relatively the same, or are these a specific shape that i have never seen?

My first thought is that they are machine rolled and it kicked out a bunch of egg shaped sticks

haven't fired one up yet so i can not comment on flavor, burn or draw.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, that is the shape they're supposed to be.  Perfecto/Figurado is what you'll see it listed as on most sites.  Hand rolled cigars can end up any number of funky shapes thanks to rollers and molds.

Here's the banded version:

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Actually, that is the shape they're supposed to be.  Perfecto/Figurado is what you'll see it listed as on most sites.  Hand rolled cigars can end up any number of funky shapes thanks to rollers and molds.

http://www.cigarinspector.com/wp-content/uploads/punch-rare-corojo-full.jpg

View Quote

This, some guys actually prefer that style shape.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://www.cigarinspector.com/wp-content/uploads/punch-rare-corojo-full.jpg

View Quote

Ah! Thank you, makes sense now since they where 2nds of the cigar you posted, only i did not see them in that shape.

I fired one up last night and it had a good draw/smoke and was decent, not the complete flavor i am looking for but not bad.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Drew Estate Blue Ribbons are good for the price.  Not a strong flavor, but a nice creamy smoke with tons of foot smoke.

I've been wanting to grab a bundle of the 2nd Sweets (or whatever they are called.)  Just haven't yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top