Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2015 11:25:52 PM EDT
Hey folks, wondering if I can get some recommendations for quality/excellent online cigar shops?  I saw the current deals thread, not exactly what I was after.

My local shop is OK, and I try to give them business as often as possible.  But the owner is kinda a stick in the mud, and doesn't care for sticks that the "big magazines" rate highly - thinks it's all a marketing racket.  Whatever.  I like trying those sticks, and if he doesn't want my money, someone else will.

So, as far as quality sticks, good selection, and good CS, who would you recommend?  Any members here own/run a shop?  The market will dictate price, so I'm not looking for "deals" per se, but inventory.

Thanks,
hd92
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey folks, wondering if I can get some recommendations for quality/excellent online cigar shops?  I saw the current deals thread, not exactly what I was after.

My local shop is OK, and I try to give them business as often as possible.  But the owner is kinda a stick in the mud, and doesn't care for sticks that the "big magazines" rate highly - thinks it's all a marketing racket.  Whatever.  I like trying those sticks, and if he doesn't want my money, someone else will.

So, as far as quality sticks, good selection, and good CS, who would you recommend?  Any members here own/run a shop?  The market will dictate price, so I'm not looking for "deals" per se, but inventory.

Thanks,
hd92
View Quote

I use JRCigar have for many years. Just received an offer email from them today 10 Partagas Limited Reserve vintage 1998 for $39.99 delivered. That deal is not to be passed up!
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a huge fan of AtlanticCigar.com. Best prices that I can find anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had probably 20 orders from Cigarinternational.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've had probably 20 orders from Cigarinternational.
View Quote
CI is good to go.

Check their website for daily deals. They offer some good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I use Famous Smoke mostly and every Blue Moon I use JR...
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Famous Smoke - used many many times, never had an issue.

Cigar Monster - sister company owned by famous-smoke. This is a great site to get a great deal on the sticks they have available for the day. Lots to choose from and usually free shipping. If you order an item from the Cigar Monster, you can also add items not on the cigar monster to your cart from famous-smoke. So if the 5 pack you added from the cigar monster has free shipping, your entire order will get free shipping.

Cigars International - also used them many times. Never had an issue personally.

Cigar Bid - - it WILL force you to get a bigger humidor...ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Cigar Monster - sister company owned by famous-smoke. This is a great site to get a great deal on the sticks they have available for the day. Lots to choose from and usually free shipping. If you order an item from the Cigar Monster, you can also add items not on the cigar monster to your cart from famous-smoke. So if the 5 pack you added from the cigar monster has free shipping, your entire order will get free shipping.

Cigars International - also used them many times. Never had an issue personally.

Cigar Bid - - it WILL force you to get a bigger humidor...ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
View Quote
The two above bolded places are kinda one in the same. CBID though is like bidding auction side of things. You can get some great deals on expensive sticks.

The only problem is that once you enter you better start looking for a bigger humidor.

Please do not take this as a joke. It is very serious.

If you do enter, please make plans to attend our weekly Cigar Buying Anonymous meetings. We meet at 9pm Wednesday nights in the pit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Smallbatchcigar.com is my online vendor of choice. If they don't have what you are looking for online send them an email and they will check their B&M and post it for you. Best customer service by far!
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

....not those sites
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I use Famous Smoke Shop more than the other online stores, but I have used most of the others that have been posted here and all of them have had very good customer service.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The two above bolded places are kinda one in the same. CBID though is like bidding auction side of things. You can get some great deals on expensive sticks.   The only problem is that once you enter you better start looking for a bigger humidor.
If you do enter, please make plans to attend our weekly Cigar Buying Anonymous meetings. We meet at 9pm Wednesday nights in the pit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two above bolded places are kinda one in the same. CBID though is like bidding auction side of things. You can get some great deals on expensive sticks.   The only problem is that once you enter you better start looking for a bigger humidor.

wow you where not joking about CBID. I signed up today just to see what it was about and have already won three auctions

and they have a beautiful 100ct glass top humidor on there for 67$ that i am struggling not to order
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I usually use CI, but the local company JR Cigars sometimes has decent deals too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm a huge fan of AtlanticCigar.com. Best prices that I can find anywhere.
View Quote

I've got a hand full of purchases from them and couldn't be happier. Last order was the Tat Skinny Monsters, couple bucks cheaper than everyone else. Added to 5 packs of Illusiones and shipping was $5. Arrived in approximately 2 days.

New Havana is okay, tax kills most of thier deals for me.&
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:44:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I use my local shop mainly for boutique stuff (Crux Marbleheads, Esteban Carreras, etc).

I like to go through CI because they are a Pennsylvania business. Their shipping is fast and painless. I will add the caveat that I give whatever I order from them a few months in the humidor. Therefore, I usually order in the winter so that the sticks are good to go for when the weather gets warmer.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I've received excellent customer service from Serious Cigars

They have an extensive inventory and have been willing to order cigars that weren't in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top