Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2015 11:45:38 PM EDT
I was given one of them the other day. Should I smoke it? If I don't like it I will be pissed. Anyone else have experience with them?  Can I leave it out of the humidor because it has a wax seal? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Was gifted a few, and had bought a few when I started smoking cigar, quite a few years ago.
I kept the tube in my humidor, the "wax seal" are not really seal, it is just a plastic cover.
It is there to prevent the cognac infusion from drying out.
Also, the glass tube prevents the cigar from aging, and tends to promote mold (white) growth.
I wind up taking them out of the tube, and put them inside a cigar box, inside my humidor to store them.

Royal Reserve is not Her Majesty Reserve, which is another marketing gimmick.

Gurkha spend more on the packaging then the cigar, after all, they are a marketing company.
Since they do not have a tobacco farm, the quality fluctuates based on the source and quality of the tobacco, and which factory they contracted to roll the cigar for them.

I don't treat them as special cigar, just a regular one.
I wind up smoking them as yard, range, or BBQ/grill cigar.

I hope that their quality have improved through out the years.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up smoking yesterday. It was darn good. I went in with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised. It will be my "go to" cigar when I want to splurge. I highly recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top