Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2015 3:38:52 PM EDT
Hi,

Another new guy here and if you have a  moment I would appreciate your thoughts.

In all honesty I could count how many cigars I have enjoyed on one hand, but I remember the story that went along with each one. Of the few I've had one was a Java, which I enjoyed until I inhaled. and the others I honestly couldn't tell you though I think they we're more on the mellow side.
Lately I have been thinking I would like to pick up a few more when he mood strikes. I have found a few samplers on various sites and was wondering which ones you would recommend, for someone new to cigars. Cigar international has a sample pack with everything to get started, would that one be worthwhile to get?

Thank you for your time,

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking a sample pack with a humidor and accessories with some cigars?  Or just a sampler pack with just cigars?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
At the moment I am starting fresh so, I was leaning towards the full kit, rather than a cigar sampler. Though if you have a suggested sample pack I can always pick up a humidor and accessories. To be fair it looks like it would end up being the same price.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
For the most part, cheap humidors are not worth it.  They are cheap for a reason.  They usually don't hold humidity all that well.  Sometimes you might get lucky and get a good one.  When I first started out I bought one of those samplers humidors and it didn't hold humidity.  I quickly stepped up to a coolerdor (humidor made out of a cooler).  I would highly recommend going that route.  In the end you will have a better humidor.  The tabletop humidors do look nice, though.  If you are set on getting one then just pick the one you like the most and go with it.  Try to avoid ones with windows in them since they usually don't seal well.

Cigar sampler packs, on the other hand, are a good way to sample a bunch of cigars.  I think Cigars International even has a cigar of the month club.  I was a member for a few months.  It was nice because they send you a few cigars each month and have a little write-up about each one.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
If you really want to get started .. I'd suggest a humidor no smaller than a 100 count because you'll end up finding deals and buying to your hearts content .. And some. Then buy some mild samplers if that's what you like .. Try to keep at least 65-70 sticks in the humidor .. So id say buy about 80 sticks depending on how often you plan to smoke.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks for advice on the humidors, it looks like I have a lot of reading to do on how to properly maintain them. Neomonk was generous enough to offer me an excess humidor of his to get me started. Eventually I plan to make a coolerdor thanks, to the thread that was posted here. I tend to get in trouble enough with the wife as it is, what one more thing to add to the list?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Way to get the guy in trouble with his wife.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't buy a cheap humidor.  I have a bunch of humidors and they are a pain in the ass.  I like my coolidors better.  

Here you go sir: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_143/1037900_How_To_Build_A_Coolerdor__The_Definitive_Thread__Very_Picture_Intense_.html

Way to get the guy in trouble with his wife.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#8]
cigarbid dot com

I am so, so sorry...

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Whatever you do, for the love of God, do not log onto Cigarbid .  Cigarbid is like crack and you will need a bigger humidor.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whatever you do, for the love of God, do not log onto Cigarbid .  Cigarbid is like crack and you will need a bigger humidor.
View Quote

Some cigar math for you:  CBid + Coolerdor = Wife * -1  

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just wait until he discovers Switzerland or Hong Kong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wait until he discovers Switzerland or Hong Kong.

True...
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit, you have no idea of the gospel he speaks.

Too late for me,  OP save yourself while you still can.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I've never been very good at math, but I interprete that as less time to annoy the wife so its +1 in my favor.

And you are all a bad influence! I told myself I'll get a few and be set for a while, fat chance that's going to happen now CBid has quite the selection. I will resist the urg to make an account...who am I kidding I will do it after I log off here.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Well once again you guys were right when it the humidors and how fast they fill up. Neomonk hooked me up to say the least he sent a humidor, heart feltbeads, a cutter and even a few cigars!

Here it is in its full glory.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top