Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2015 6:38:33 PM EDT
Has anyone tried these? They are supposed to be Montecristo copies. I just pulled the trigger on a bundle of 20 coronas because they were the deal of the day. Just curious if I wasted my money. Hope not!

UPDATE:

So the cigars arrived, they were packed in a box, individually cello wrapped and the block was also wrapped. No humidification device in the box, is that typical of Cigars International? That was a little concerning at first since they have been in transit for 5-6 days from PA to AZ. I took them home, unwrapped one and put them all in the humidor. About 4 hours later I lit one up.

First impression, they are rolled very loosely, I would almost describe them as kind of "empty". As I worked my way down the part where I hold it was starting to crush a little... It smoked a little quickly, I'm thinking that was due to the loose roll, I don't know.

Taste was very mild, I don't have the palate to tell you there were hints of Oak and pepper with a following of young stripper or whatever. I either like the flavor or don't. This one was overall pretty good, nothing particularly great about it, nothing to write home about, but overall I think they were worth the money for a basic smoke, after shipping I think I paid around $1.75 each.

BTW the size I ordered was a corona, 6.5" x 42.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what to do with that

Thanks? ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I got some Romeo Y Julieta knock offs from them.  So far they have been pretty good for a cheap smoke.  I plan on trying some different ones in the future
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool,  thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks echo, exactly what I was thinking,  as far as rolling the dice. Wasn't a lot of money so, if they are decent enough,  I'm ahead of the game. We shall see,  they should be here on Wednesday. I can't say I have the most discriminating palate so...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump so someone can read and benefit from my in depth review
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you ever had a real Montecristo to compare it to?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Good question!!

I probably have but it was ages ago, that's why I didn't make an attempt to compare.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I like them, just mho
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have tried the R&J version of these.

I find them tolerable.  They are not the worst cigars and I find them worth every bit of the $1.25 I spent on them.

The Original Cubans Rereleased are a little worse IMHO.

point of reference:  Compliant Montecristo Classics are my current favorite stick...
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Just finished another one,  worth the money I feel.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
At under two bucks a stick it's hard for them not to be worth the price haha. Plan on picking some up. Thanks for the review
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Smoking one right now.  Other than the loose roll, I'm enjoying them,  definitely check them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top